Arrival to the Academy / Enter the Participants / Zayden and Kaesar Spar

Zayden woke up from sleep as morning arose, "I hope it's in the mail today!" he thought as he quickly rushed down the stairs and out the front door. He burst to the mailbox and took out the mail. His mouth dropped as he read the envelope: "From: Sinara Academy."

"Finally!" cheered Zayden as he opened the letter and read it:

"Congratulations Zayden Fareno! After careful evaluation, we have decided you have the potential of what it takes to be a remarkable Sinner. This is the first Sinning competition held at the Sinara Academy since the annual events 3 years ago. We are looking forward to seeing you at the competition. Full details on the events will be announced upon arrival."

"After all this time," tensed Zayden, "I got my chance to go into the competition!"

He looked up to the sky, "I should make use of the good weather," he walked to the middle of the front yard.

But then his neighbour burst to him.

"Zayden!" called the boy, "Look what came in the mail for me! Can you believe they took me in?!" he waved his letter.

"Reno?" Zayden turned.

Reno Rossard had short black hair and wore a green cloth headband with a brown sweater, cargo shorts, and brown boots.

"Yeah, why wouldn't they?" spoke Zayden, "Now we both have the chance to learn from the best."

"You're right!" nodded Reno, "Because we both got accepted into one of the best Sinning Academies in the world!"

Zayden went down to do push ups, "We still need to pass the whole competition," he tensed.

"I know that too," Reno waved his hand off, "But now we have the opportunity!"

"Yeah!" smirked Zayden.

"But what are you doing right now?" asked Reno.

"I don't want to disappoint the Sinegious once I win the competition," remarked Zayden.

"Now you sound cocky thinking you already won," spoke Reno.

"I'm not cocky," Zayden went down for a push-up, "I know I still have long ways to go before I achieve my dream of becoming a Full-Fledged Sinner," he stood up and looked to Reno, "And this competition is one step towards that!"

"A Full-Fledged Sinner?" repeated Reno, "You're still on that?"

There was a pause.

"Zayden?" called Reno, "Hey-"

"-Yeah I'm still on that what do you think?!" broke in Zayden, "I'm going to become a Full-Fledged Sinner!"

"If you say so," Reno shrugged his shoulders, "I mean, we've heard it countless times no one else could become Full-Fledged, or should even try to."

"Yeah yeah," Zayden brushed it off, "And you also told me one day you're going to beat me, and that seems a lot harder than what I'm trying to do."

"Hey I said one day and that can even be tomorrow!" uttered Reno.

"Wait," chuckled Zayden, "Why do you have your bag with you?"

"I'm taking this to Wavern City of course!" nodded Reno.

"Why there?"

"That's where the Sinara Academy is!" Reno turned, "It says it on the back of the letter and the ship is almost here, see you there!" he burst down the passageway.

"What does it say on the back?!" Zayden quickly ran to the letter on the ground and flipped it over:

"All participants must be at the Sinara Academy in Wavern city by midnight," he read, "Or else you will be disqualified."