Chapter 31

Gift of life

Thranduil led her inside the forest and to a large tree. He helped her climb up and she found herself on a wooden platform. The view of the stars was unhindered. The intimacy of the place astounding.

The sat side by side. She criss crossed her legs and he curled one up to his chest while the other stretched out before him. He leaned back on his arms while she proped her head up with her arms, elbows on her legs.

"This is a place I always come to think. It also is a place where I think you can enjoy the show." he said quitely.

"What are you—" she broke off as it appeared as if all the stars in the sky were falling. Her breath caught in her throat.

"Do you like it?" he asked softly. She nodded mutely as she leaned into his side. Her head against his shoulder.

"This meteor shower lasts for an hour. It only happens once every millienuem. I have seen it three times before. This is the only time I feel as if I have ever really enjoyed it. Enjoyed it simply for us rarity."

She was silent and simply smiles up at him. Until she nudged his shoulder gently. " make a wish" she whispered.

"Marry me. Be my wife. That is my only wish. Be the mother of my future children." he said slowly.

"I would say yes but I fear you will suffer because of it." she said.

"Then I will suffer happily." he said.

There eyes locked for a long moment. She reached inside his mind. Within moments she knew he was determined in this. He wouldn't be happy until she stood at his side. Until she was his equal in all things.

"Yes my king I will marry you. That's all three of your wishes in one go." she said.

His brow furrowed in confusion until he took his hand and placed it upon her womb. The slight thickness there made his eyes widen jaw slack.

He said nothing and finally smiled radiantly and pull her into a kiss. Their love making was slow and gentle that night. Under the sky that appeared as if it was falling.

All the world fell still around them. Only the sky continued to rain down its stars. Everything was perfect. Nothing else mattered but them in this moment out of time.