Chapter 27

Authors note: not pregnant yet mind you. the betrothal will come with time. Sorry for confusion my niece's were distracting me. Kariel is pregnant. Male mates get very protective once the bond is settled. As Thranduil has shown in last chapter. It gets worse.with pregnancy. The bond is settled in a few ways. 1) by feeding from mate 2) by talking mind to mind 3) by sex 4) healing each other. These are all ways that help strengthen the bond.

Qutie musing

Legolas leaned against the balcony edge with Loriel beside him. Night had fallen and he was content to keep his friend company. Well she was more than a friend now. He felt within his heart his father was not courting Loriel for fanciful reasons. He felt a strange depth to their relationship that was rarely seen.

He had often wondered if Loriels words were true ahem she talked of the mate bond. She had said many things had transpired between her and her then unnamed mate. Many hurtful things and she never strayed from him.

He didn't fully know all that had happend between the two. He did know that lady Loriel had never looked upon another the easy she looked at his father. He also found it strange that his father being such an old elf had revived his physical desires.

All of this led him to believe her words were true and his fathers feelings for her were sincere. He had never doubted but he did wonder. She had settled into Their lives the past week surprisingly easy. He had rarely liked his fathers ladies of the moment. Loriel wasn't one of those and she was a lady he respected greatly.

"Legolas if you don't speak what's on your mind then your heads going to explode" she smirked sidly at him.

"Of coarse as you say I am just thinking. I will say this though I am happy that not only you are happy but my father as well. You two are good for each other." he hugged her to his side and kissed her temple. "And to also pay no heed to others and what they will say of you two. So long as you are happy let the rest of the world burn in envy of what they can never have."

"Thank you my friend your words help ease the worries of my mind. Now let us see I we can't drag your father from his political affairs."

*************★***************

Thranduil sighed as he sat through another long winded speech about things that could wait until he returned to Mirkwood. They told him to hurry his buisness here. Saying certain menial things like new wine needs to be tested were in danger of failing without him present.

They also wondered if rumors were true that he was courting a lady. He had said as much and then that was when the lectures took on a vigor previously unseen. How it was just so awful to take another life partner.

He had cared for his previous spouse though he had not loved her. He had never known love in a romantic sense of the word. He loved his son and he knew the sense of love concerning family. He hadn't known love until he had.  . . met Loriel. He was beginning to think he loved her.

He thought back to a conversation he had had wig Galadriel.

*************★***************

"Tell me my friend do you love the lady? If so I will give you no harsh words towards you and your lady." she had said smiling gently at him.

"Galadriel I do not know love. What is it?" he had asked when he couldn't even decide what love was in order to answer her question

"It is waking up everyday is the best thing in the world when she is beside you. It is being apart from her and everything is dim and meloncholy. It is realizing that she is not someone you are able to live with but someone that you would never be able to live without."