Chapter 14

authors note: I will try to reply to comments individually from now on think I have figure it out kind of. :( sorry just started writing on here.This chapter will be kind of slow in the sense that time will pass by quickly with only a few scenes of importance. Some inner monologue and some dreams. You will learn more about the history between the two through the dreams. Any questions please don't hesitate to ask if something is confusing. Appreciate you all! <3

Journeys beginning

The sun rose crisp and clear that day. Loriel didn't feel the need to soak in a few more moments of drowsy wakefulness. She was eager to get out of bed and to start this journey. Worrisome to her in the sense this could be the only time she would ever be able to be seen and looked upon by him.

'I have been away from home for a very long time. Strange I'm eager for the next adventure already.'

she sighed heavily knowing this would be more important than any other andventure she had ever been on. For this moment, how this journey ended, would decide if she was miserable or happy for the rest of her long years.

She moved about the room gathering what little else was left to back. She had clothes, a small wooden box containing keeps sakes, sketch pouch and parchment, and weapons.

'Strange how the most important things in my life all fit in my  traveling pouch. '

She pulled off the night gown and pulled on black leggings and a blue tunic. Her long hair was braided over her shoulder. She placed her small leather kit of drawing materials in the black leather pouch as well as what clothing was left and the hair brush she decided to take.

She donned her weapons: sword at her waist, daggers on her calves, and quiver and arrows on her back. She pulled on a black cloak over this and headed toward the kings study. Picking up the letter she had writen previously in the night as she went.

'lets see how this debauchery will end?'

***************★*************

Thranduil was awake before the sun rose, his head ached slightly. His furrowed brow didn't help the aching head. Last night he had thought to calm himself with his favored wine to a dreamless sleep. That was not to be however since more dreams had come to him.

'The valor only send dreams to those who need to hear something important. why am I dreaming of her! There is no importance I can find in any of it!'

He sighed ready to be back home and have this situation over with. Though he had found he could at least respect and enjoy slightly the company of the creature; it wasn't worth the blasted dreams he kept having.

Dream:

pain sorrow anticipation rejection. He moved through the trees avoiding all detection. He wasn't himself in the dream but someone else. A woman it seemed like. She made her way to.the stream were the clothes were normally washed. She donned an elleths gown and took to the path. Her hair was now the red brown of a wood selfsame instead of the black. He suspected her eyes were illusioned as well to be grey.

She made her way easily inside his palace to the kitchens. There she helped with the task of cooking and the like. When the feast was ready she helped pack it to the.  . . wedding feast. He saw himself sitting with his wife Lìril. He was happy and smiling.

A flutter in the woman's heart started as she gazed at his smiling face. She was happy for him he realized and yet the stark feeling of sorrow and unrequited  yearning coupled it. She continued to work and to watch him. Until the feast ended and he and his queen moved to their bedroom.

She went back to the stream took off the dress and donned her normal clothing and moved back into the keep once more.

'why would she risk being caught?'

She made her way through the royals wing. where she entered an unused room with a balcony. She made her way to his own balcony and he saw himself and his wife making love.

The pain the woman felt at that was unlike any he had ever experienced even when his wife had died. Or his own father. Nothing could compair to the happiness and the annihilating pain he felt. The one the female loved most was bonding with another woman. He was bonding with another woman.

She left without a word. She had not stayed to watch for some perverse reason. Only so that her heart would believe it to be true. What her mind already knew. She sequestered herself far from Mirkwood to become a hired head hunter.

She needed this time to herself. She needed a way to express her pain through battle. She needed to be far from him and his wife.

Dream end

He didn't understand the perplexity of dreaming such dreams. he had awoken once more in a cold sweat with tears in his eyes. The pain he had felt was real, too real to be a dream.

Looking from the window he moved about the room packing his possessions in his trunk. He donned his silver armoured robe and boots. His sword at his hip and he walked toward the courtyard. His crown sat firmly atop his head. wood and little white flowers were blooming there now.

Spring was here. His journey home was beginning. He was eager for it beyond measure.