35.

Weeks later...

Melanie Stephen

I was on my way up to my office to retrieve all of my items. I've been at home ever since that hospital visit and now that I'm 8 months, I definitely have to take a load off. I walked off the elevator and all eyes were on me.

"Melanie!" Bridget said excitedly as she ran over to me. "Oh my gosh you've gotten so big!"

I laughed to myself and shook my head. "I know I know but how are you?"

"I'm good just making sure everything is ran well around here."

"That's good...I was thinking that you should definitely come to Nari's baby shower. It's tomorrow at 5pm at Miles house of course." I said while slipping her an invite.

"Sure sure I'll definitely be there. See you then!"

"Definitely." I smiled as she walked away. Michael came up to me next as I walked to my office door.

"I don't get a 'Hey' or a hug?" He questioned while smiling. I laughed a little and gave him a side hug.

"Aren't you supposed to be working." I laughed.

"You know I had to come see my girl...and her baby girl. Damn you've gotten big what you been eatin' ?" He joked. I hit his arm playfully and laughed more.

"Everything that I see. I'm so ready for this to be over with so then my feet can go back to their normal slender size because they hurt like hell."

"Mhm I get you."

"Yeah but oooh you should come to the baby shower tomorrow." I smiled and handed him an invitation.

"Hmmm is it cool if I bring my niece with me?"

"Yeah that's perfectly fine." I smiled.

"Okay thanks." He smiled and walked away. I smiled to myself and went into my office to see all of my things in boxes already. Miles already packed my things which I'm happy that he did but I wanted to do it myself.

*knock knock* "What you doing here?" He questioned as he entered.

"To get my things since Erika is getting this space."

"Don't sound so sad about it it's not that bad Mel. You less than a month away from seeing our baby girl."

"I know that." I sighed. "But I'm just not ready to leave yet."

"I understand but think about your health and Nari's health before trying to focus on working. This will always be here whenever you feel like returning." He smiled.

"Okay." I shrugged. "Could you carry my boxes out then?"

"I knew you'd ask me to do this." He chuckled and grabbed the first box. I kissed him on the lips and pulled away.

"My macho man."

"Okay yeah yeah get the door for me baby."