(FWT) #1: Frozen Waves

Summary: Niall and Harry are 4-year old twins. Harry is always sick, demanding time and energy from his older brothers Liam, Zayn and Louis. Niall doesn't understand this. He wants love and attention just like Harry gets.

°•°•°

The bills were high, hand me downs were an everyday thing, not to mention the laughter all of them had to deal with. A family of 5, it was hard to have a lot of money. Louis would wear a sweater and it would be passed down from child to child, until it got to Niall or Harry who were the youngest, twins even.

Louis was the oldest at 18, and he was quite responsible, having grown up with busy, hard working parents he often had to take care of his younger siblings. Of course his brother Zayn, who was two years younger, often helped out as well, unlike Liam. The fourteen year old didn't want anything to do with the family, just wanted his girlfriend and that was it.

But that behavior was normal for a kid his age. Louis and Zayn both hadn't been in the mood to help out then, both moody and going through puberty, thinking they were the best and coolest out of everyone around.

Harry and Niall were twins, both four, but very different. Niall was loud, jumped around all the time, his energy bordering in ADD even, while Harry was calm, quiet, and always tired. It was odd to see the different twins interacting.

Though the thing that really weighed everyone down, especially John and Nick, the parents, was the hospital.

Harry had been born first, quicker than Niall, but he was weaker. They hadn't been allowed to pick their son up, hadn't been allowed to love and snuggle him from the beginning on because of his weaker frame. That was what was bringing the whole family down to shreds. The hospital bills were piling up, more expensive every time. Because of these, the hand me downs became more and more, Liam wearing old worn sweaters and jeans that were a bit too short for his lanky legs.

All five boys were adopted at young ages, hence why they all looked a bit different. Harry and Niall had been an accident, they hadn't meant to adopt them, but a young girl from John's work, an intern, had told him about being pregnant and how she didn't have any way to take care of them, and that was how Niall and Harry came to be with them.

Nick was woken up with a start when Louis shook his shoulder.

"Pa, we have to go to the hospital. Harry is complaining about stomach pains again." Louis hushed, trying not to wake his other father who had work at 5 am the next morning.

Nick groaned and nodded, getting up. It wasn't the first time that Harry had run off to find Louis, his favorite of all his siblings, when he was in pain. It was always Louis and Louis was the only one able to keep the sobbing boy calm in these situations.

Nick quickly woke his significant other explained everything to him, before rushing to Zayn's room.

He woke the second oldest, the tan boy groggily looking up at his father. He knew what was coming, this happened often enough that it was basically routine to be woken up in the middle of the night.

"Take Niall and Liam to school tomorrow." Nick kissed his sons forehead before rushing off with Louis to the hospital, the eldest son cradling the sobbing boy in his arms protectively.

When it was Zayn who came into his room the next morning, little Niall knew that Hazzy was sick once again. He was always sick. Niall didn't understand how his brother could get the icky's over and over again.

"Come on Nialler." Zayn muttered, going to the closet and picking out some clothes and handing them to the young four year old, helping him get dressed before rushing down for breakfast.