Chapter 13

"M-Master!?" Sting panicked.

Ishtar nodded, giggling. "I am a genie, a being that grants wishes for whoever rubs their lamp." She explained. "And since you rubbed my lamp, you are my new Master until you make your third and final wish."

Sting stayed silent, still staring at Ishtar with his mouth agape. The female genie had smooth caramel skin, brown eyes, black hair that was in a high ponytail, and the classic revealing genie clothes that were sky blue.

"A-A genie?" The blond finally spoke. "And you can grant wishes?"

"Only three." Ishtar confirmed. "More specifically, I specialize in love related wishes. My lamp is always sent the person who has the most broken heart. When my lamp appeared in front of you, I sensed your pain." She kneeled down so that she could look Sting in the eye. "You poor thing. I will grant anything you desire in the heart."

"Anything . . . I . . . want . . ." Sting lowered his head slightly, debating his options. I could be together with (Y/N). He thought. We could be a couple. A life with with (Y/N). Marriage. Kids. But . . But (Y/N) wouldn't want that. He gritted his teeth.

"I can't." Sting decided.

Ishtar raised an eyebrow. "Well, I can't leave until you make three love related wishes."

"B-But I can't do that to her. It wouldn't be right."

"That's what your mouth says, but that's not what your heart says." She stood up, straightening her back. "I have a job to do, you know. If you're going to lie to me, I'll just listen to your heart instead."

She closed her eyes and clapped her hands together. A tan magic circle appeared in front of her, signaling that she was casting a spell. But the magic circle left as soon as it came.

"Wha-What did you just do!?" Sting stood up as well, looking around frantically.

"I granted the wish that you're trying to hide deep within your heart." Ishtar stated.

Sting's eyes widened. S-She's gotta be bluffing. T-There's no way. "Ish-" He was about to ask his genie a question, but she was gone. Nowhere in sight.

He had been staring at her the entire time, so how did she vanish before his eyes? Granted, he was lost in his thoughts. Then he looked down at the lamp.

"She can't leave me completely until my third wish." He thought aloud, picking up the lamp. "I'll keep this with me."

Holding the lamp in his hands, Sting walked down the empty street towards his home.

The Next Day . . .

Sting Eucliffe was back at Sabertooth, and he was greeted with a loud, "WELCOME BACK!"

He spent his time in his office, going through loads of paperwork in order to keep his mind from drifting to his crush.

Or rather, the girl he thinks he's fallen in love with.

It's one o'clock in the afternoon and so far nothing weird has happened yet. He was slightly paranoid about Ishtar's wish granting that she did last night.

But so far nothing has happened.

Until two minutes later.

The doors of Sabertooth were kicked down, startling the members of the guild. Heavy footsteps were heard and a large silhouette was seen entering the guild.

"WHERE'S STING!" Laxus shouted, lightning bouncing off of his body.

"Laxus!" The Thunder Legion called, chasing after the blond.