makumi matatu neina

KUKANGAIDZIKA |
CONFUSION

"MINA, I—" Amina looked up to Jackson through her eyelashes and he closed his mouth sucking in a breath. She made his stomach lurch.

"Man, this is the good bit, shut up!" Val groaned as he tossed a shoe at Jackson.

Jackson ignored his protests and continued to look at Amina in silence. How could she act like nothing happened between her and that 'Mark' person when it tempted Jackson to bring his *hand to his zipper every time he reminisced about the situation?

"Huh?" she ate from her bowl of popcorn, not really paying attention to Jackson as her eyes were on the boy but her ears were still trying to catch the dialogue on the television screen.

"That... Mark guy," Jackson started and Amina groaned and sat up, looking to see if their other friend's saw her reaction.

"What about him?" Amina questioned. Now that she thought about it, she never heard Mark say he liked the same gender but Jackson and him seemed like they'd suit in an odd way. She knew Jackson never had a preference, though he believed he liked a boy at some point in the seventh grade. Mark had called Jackson 'babyboy' too so maybe it wasn't an off assumption. She may just slip Mark's number into Jackson's phone and tell Mark to ring him just to see the outcome.

The slightly younger boy almost shrugged, subconsciously playing with her feet on his lap. "I don't know... How old is he?"

"Twenty four," she replied sharply. "Can we watch the movie now, dude?"

Jackson swallowed too quickly and began coughing. "Twenty four? What are you doing with a twenty four—? He's... He's fucking older than Mr Im, Mina!"

"Oh yes, Jackson, yell so Aminé and Amira hear you, go on," Amina placed the bowl on the table and crawled over to clamp her hand over Jackson's lips.

"Um, please be quiet. Like seriously, shut the fuck up or go," Brian said strongly but he still raised a thick brow at the two youngest people's actions.

"Um, how about you shut the fuck up? Last time I checked, this was my house, my food and my Netflix account," Amira spat back. When Brian looked back to the movie in silence, Amina tilted her head. "Thought so."

After she confirmed he wouldn't speak loudly by sharing a knowing nod, she slowly brought her palm down.

"Mina... But twenty four?" he whispered, gently holding her hips as she straddled him, placing pressure on her skin to emphasize his concern.

"Oh, stop it, he's not my boyfriend—"

"What the fuck then? You sleep with him for money?"

"No!" she hissed. "He's my... Friend's friend."

"Where did you meet this friend?"

"The library."

"Horton Hears a Bitch Ass Liar," Jackson said in a flat tone.

Amina swung her leg off his lap and sat back on her warm seat between the pillows of her couch. "Horton Hears Funeral Bells If Jackson Doesn't Shut the Fuck Up."

"That title's too long," Jackson said quietly as if he had to comment on the small fact but didn't want her to hear it. "No but seriously... Amina."

Amina sighed. "My boyfriend," she paused. Wow, those words hadn't left her lips in that instance for a long time. It felt nice. "Was out so Mark came over and he was just messing with me but Jae knows so it's all right."

"Jay Thornton? You're dating that guy that's been held back?" Val turned and piped up, pausing the movie much to Brian's distaste.

Amina silently thanked God that Jackson did not realize how badly she just played herself.

"No, ew. He's from NCU, you don't know him," she picked back up the bowl and urged the older boy to press play, hoping the action on the screen would tell them all to drop the topic.

Jackson raised an eyebrow but continued to lazily take glances at the girl who sunk into the couch to avoid conversation.

"Okay..? Pass me my phone a sec, Val."

-
PSA!

*He's thinking about Mark here!¡!

He does not like Amina like that! It's my fault for not putting enough detail! Have a good day, loves!💗