Assassin's Bride Chp9

Start from the beginning

"Mother wishes I spend time with Faith," I scratched my jaw.

"Are you going to consider the marriage proposal, Cloud?" Mia asked hopefully, almost desperately.

"I need some time. You both are well aware I have not one but two dangers hanging from my neck it would take time deciding if I am fully prepared to involve an innocent girl," the serious tone in my voice welcomed silence for a minute or so.

"Yes, but I sensed she did not have negative feelings for you," Mia delivered. Here I couldn't restrain it any longer so I threw my head back and guffawed.

"I assume I have given her no reason to not have such feelings for me," and joked.

After a while I stopped the car in front of the entrance, the ladies got out giving me some time to kill the engine. I clicked the locked button of the remote, turned around to walk inside the house but stopped, seeing Mia waiting for me.

"And do you know what I sense from you?" she asked.

"And what's that?" I frowned.

Mia clapped her hands together, shifted her weight on her other leg and stared at me for a while. "You do not have negative feelings towards her either," with that she walked away. I stared at the spot she was just standing, taken aback. I will not repudiate, seeing Faith earlier, the sudden increase of her innocent heart beats did enchant me, but there is nothing more than that. I have not had a normal chat with the girl yet. This cannot be possible.

My cell vibrated ceasing my thoughts, looking down the screen flashed Alexander's name. "Speak,"

"I have news," his tired voice sounded from the line.

"About?"

"The man following the girl," my spine stiffed upon hearing that. "Is not Malcolm's man"

"Then who can possibly know about her?" I growled at the sudden annoyance that wrapped my body.

"I don't know man, this person is extremely brilliant at what they are doing, it seems like there is no clue at all," his sighed.

"Alexander just try and find out who they are,"

"I am on it," then he cut the line.

I ran my fingers in my hair, mind outstretching every corner. Malcolm will not rest at any cost from destroying me. If this man was not his pet then who is brave enough to meddle in my affairs. Thinking it over and over again, my thoughts came to a screeching halt at a wild and alarming conclusion and my fists clenched at the mere thought of it.

No, anyone but them!

"What has got you so worried?" a voice to my left demanded.

"Matters that should not be spoken out loud, Rory," I replied without looking at him. I have to notify to father as soon as possible, if what I think is true, chaos will rise in the form of a deadly war!

"I heard you are planning to talk to her face to face," I looked left; Rory was leaning casually on my car for support, with thumbs stuffed in his pockets.

"Yes I have to," he nodded.

"Before you do that, there is something I want to ask you Cloud," he said. I turned my body to give him my full attention and gave him a look to carry on. "I heard from Tybalt that it was you who learned who Faith really was, even after all the shielded doors our mother had created," he tilted his head, interested.

I grinned and gave him a nod, "In my job nothing is hidden from me, no matter how much mother tries to protect it,"

"And once mother knew you found out all her secrets she brought forth the option of marriage, which I also heard from Tybalt, you agreed?"