Oh yeah, and dad too. Can't forget mi papá.

For the first time ever, I was hoping this thanksgiving will go as planned. We are prone to having a horrible thanksgiving at the end every year, we call it the desastre de García or The García Disaster!

~

Later that day Delilah and I stopped by the mall to pick out my birthday outfit, shoes, makeup and after that we planned on getting our hair and nails done together

"Okay how about this dress?"

I asked her holding up a red sleeveless body con dress to my chest.

She titled her head analyzing it before she shaking her head no.

"It doesn't say ITS MY FUCKING BIRTHDAY DON'T TALK TO ME!" She stated searching the racks some more.

"What does that even look like!" I questioned picking out a teal dress, I glancing at myself in the mirror before putting it back.

"Maybe sequins or something gold?" She suggested.

Her star sign was a Leo, she loved gold.

I moved onto another rack searching for another 20 minutes, I came up with nothing.

I sighed walking back over to Delilah, she was lost in thought maneuvering quickly through the racks.

"Look Lia, it's hopeless here. Let's just go"

She gasped pulling out a black and gold sequined romper.

"This is it!" She squealed handing it out to me.

"Oh my gosh. It's beautiful. But are you sure it's going to fit?"

"You have to try it on first" I hurriedly changed into the one piece to stand in front of the mirror outside the room.

Delilah smiled clapping, adding a weird happy dance.

"It's so beautiful on you Melanie. Gosh! Do a twirl" she signaled.

I twirled in front of her doing a cute pose to make her laugh.

"It's gorgeous, you look so hot. And your boobs look great. Don't make me start on how awesome your ass looks" She winked making me laugh.

"Okay go change so we can pay for it. We have shoes to find"

We spent almost two hours in the mall looking for shoes, doing our hair and nails.

I went for full body waves, long gold and black nails. Delilah got her waist length black hair crimped and nails painted a black matte.

We arrived home with five different shopping bags each, I laughed at a joke Delilah made about her boyfriend. Unfortunately, he won't be joining us at dinner.

"Hey Mel" I froze holding my breath.

Porter stood in my hallway, next to him was aunt María.

"Hey Porter" Delilah greeted happily..

"Hey" He half smiled at her.