Chapter 2: Panic

Cas' POV

I walk into class shyly and duck my head at the attention. I feel Dean walk in behind me and I turn slightly, allowing him to walk ahead and talk to the teacher for us. I still didn't like talking to new people that much, I'd only ever been to one other school and only ever hung out with that friend group.

Dean's soul dims for a second as he begins to talk to our teacher. He smiles and the teacher stands up, his balding hair covered by a baseball cap.

"Alright kids, enough talkin'. Everyone this is Dean Winchester and Castiel Novak, new students to our class this year. All of you better make them feel welcome, Benny, get your behind up here, you're their guide for today." Mr. Singer sits down as a boy walks up to us with a smirk on his face. I glance at Dean and notice how his soul was dimmer now. He grins at Benny and shakes his hand, this confuses me. His soul is sad but his face is happy, people are weird.

"Evening brother the names Benny" I smile at him offer my hand in return, noticing his football jersey and athletic build, I'm guessing he was a jock. I introduce myself and Benny grins at both of us.

"Either if you play football? We're holding tryouts after school and we're looking for two newbies." I smile, remembering my old school's football team.

"Yeah." Dean and I chorus together, giving each other surprised looks, I felt a swell of happiness looking at him. I feel drawn to his soul, I can't explain it.

Benny claps us in the shoulder and begins to talk about the school. He describes the groups and stereotypes, who to avoid and who to talk to. I take careful note of who to avoid, a couple of kids called Azazel, Alastair, and Crowley. I could handle myself in a fight but I preferred to avoid them, I didn't want to hurt anyone.

The home room bell rings and I walk with Benny and Dean, joining in on their jokes. Benny high fives us and runs off to greet the team. I hope that we'll be able to join the jocks and hang out with them, but I have a feeling that I'd follow Dean wherever he went.

Dean turns to face me, looking guilty. I try to ignore the way he bites his lip by looking around, I notice the students rushing to their next class. I grip deans shoulder and tug him towards our classroom so we won't be late. He smiles and talks to me on the way, Benny had his class in another room so we're meeting him later.

"Look, Cas, sorry about what I said earlier, it's just a touchy subject" he grins and we walk into the classroom, my mind twirling at the though if his dads work being touchy.

We manage to find two seats at the back of the classroom and Dean sits just in front of me, giving me perfect view at the back of his head.

I sigh and think about Football to myself, my face softening at the idea of being able to play the game. It helped get my mind off my social anxiety.

Deans POV

We walk into class and I try not to think about the beautiful blue eye boy behind me. I shake my head at the thought. Come on dean he's probably doesn't swing your way anyway, just try out for football and then go home. I stop my inner monologue and try to concentrate on class. Which was going to be difficult with Cas behind me. Dammit!

I focus on the information our history teacher, Mr. Cain, was giving us about World War Two. He begins to talk about the Nazis and then starts explaining the newest assignment.

"Alright, everyone you're going to choose partners and you're going to draw a propaganda poster based on a quote from Adolf Hitler. You can begin brainstorming now." I smirk slightly at the classes groan and turn around to face Castiel, ignoring the ache in my ribs from the movement. I wanted to get to know the mysterious bot that had butterflies in my stomach from the moment I saw him.