Chapter 5 : In Which A Girl Is Persuaded To Talk To A Boy

There was a new note for Maja in her locker that afternoon. It was obviously from someone who hadn't wanted to show their face.

In short, it asked her to match her with a girl from the year below. The signature said Isaac Lewis. She sighed and pocketed the paper, making a mental note of the girl's name.

She'd probably be able to talk to her at break. She was only in the year below, and she was friends with Louise. The girl would know she was getting set up, but that's not what was bothering Maja.

She found it hard to concentrate on matching people when she wanted nothing better than to match herself and the boy. She knew she couldn't - it would not only ruin her reputation, but make her look stupid, too.

/

Maja managed to speak to the girl, Paula by name, at three in the afternoon, between classes. She briefly introduced herself in a friendly manner and followed her on Instagram. For future reference.

She predicted that by Monday or Tuesday next week Isaac and Paula would be talking, and if they worked, they'd be together within a couple of weeks.

But Maja wouldn't care anymore at that point, as she'd already have moved onto the next pair. An endless supply of people to be paired awaited her.

/

She continued to watch the boy. Her friends told her she should talk to him, even if it was just saying something stupid like hi and introducing herself.

Maja didn't see the point. She'd either have to let the boy slip and just glance at him in the corridors, or she could use all her Matchmaker skills to set herself up.