What Dreams Are Made Of

The day has taken somewhat of a strange turn from how it had originally started. Now when Frank looks at Gerard, Gerard is looking at him. When Frank blushes, looking away because of the stare Gerard's giving him, Gerard beams at it. It's so sudden, and Frank feels like this is really all that he actually wants.

"I didn't think that this would ever actually happen," Gerard says, grinning at him when Frank trains his eyes on him.

"You say that like I'm some sort of celebrity."

"Forgive me for being starstruck," Gerard replies.

Frank knows that he could just come out and say I love you right here and now and it would be true. It wouldn't be a lie. He'd be telling the truth. Frank doesn't want to be Ted Mosby, however, and he doesn't know how Gerard would feel about that so quickly. Frank only just kissed him like an hour ago, expressing his eternal adoration might not be the best thing to do right now.

"You liked me," Frank says, giggling. At this point the band on stage does not exist. It's only Gerard, and it's only Frank. The hundreds of other people in this building don't exist. No one exists. No one else is there but him and Gerard. Frank would even bet that no one on the planet exists anymore who isn't Gerard and him.

"Shut up," Gerard says, looking away finally, a red color all down his face.

"You liked me," Frank says, almost gleeful, as Gerard shakes his head and looks up at the ceiling.

"So did you," Gerard says, "You liked me."

"Yeah, but you're cute about it. You're all embarrassed and blushing. I'm not embarrassed, you're amazing, I'd announce it anywhere that I liked you. Well, like."

Gerard is still a pinkish color, but Frank grabs his hand and holds it in his own to take his mind off of it. Then Gerard is smiling again, a cute little shy one that he's trying to hide.

"I hate you," Gerard says, shaking his head.

"I know. But you hate me in a you-still-think-I'm-hot kind of way."

"When did I ever say that I think you're hot?"

"You said it with your eyes," Frank says, laughing.

"You're so full of shit," Gerard replies, barely getting his words in because seriously Frank needs to kiss him. He needs to kiss him at all hours of the day. He's got to permanently be attached to Gerard and the time enough for it. He doesn't want to ever be apart from him. Frank's never felt this way before about anything. He has a codependence of sorts with his phone, but it's nothing like the way he feels about Gerard right now. Frank thinks that the instant Gerard's gone, Frank's going to feel the weight of the world and it's going to break him in half. He's not going to feel this happy ever again without Gerard.

Frank knows, even if he feels that way, it won't be true. But if Gerard's there than at least life is a little bit lighter. A little bit easier to handle. A little more enjoyable as well. Frank has it in him to at least survive without Gerard by his side every waking hour, but he so wishes that he won't have to. Being in love has literally got to be the worst thing that's ever happened to his priorities.

"You can't just kiss me to stop me making fun of you," Gerard says.

"I can try."

"Try again then."

"I can do that," Frank says.

Fifteen minutes later, Gerard really can't actually tell you whether or not the concert was any good or not. The first half of it he'd spent trying to pretend he wasn't attracted to Frank, and then the rest had been spent in completely awe at the fact that Frank kissed him, and is still kissing him.