"Nothing, you just look stupid."

"What else is new?" Frank responds, watching as Mikey walks over and sits down, conveniently in the spot next to Pete, but Frank doesn't say anything about it. Not his business, but he is going to spy on those two like a motherfucker.

Mikey says a quick hello to Frank, and completely ignores both Brendon and Gerard as he starts talking to Pete. Frank would swear that he and Gerard have this moment of eye contact where they read each other's minds because he can literally almost hear the rolling of Gerard's eyes as he looks away and smiles to himself sheepishly. It's literally so obvious that they might as well hire a man with a bullhorn to announce it to the entire student population that Pete has a gigantic crush on Gerard Way's younger brother.

"And now I suddenly feel like a fifth wheel," Brendon says, "What a shame."

"How can you be a fifth wheel when Gerard ignores me?" Frank asks him.

"Because you spend the entire time trying to talk to him. I don't see what friendship you're trying to create that requires you to be ignored the entire time, but it's your life. I'm just going to sit here and throw breadcrumbs at the football team," Brendon says, spying a group of guys in Letterman jackets who are sitting not too far from them.

"You have fun with that," Frank says, sighing, and barely even noticing when the last of their small group, Ray, sits down. Frank's definitely noticed the complete irony that Gerard thinks he's popular when they literally have the same number of friends. Frank only ever talks to Brendon and Pete, he literally has almost no other friends. He's got acquaintances, people he gets along with, that is most people, really, but he doesn't have any actual friends other than the two guys whose lives revolve around insulting each other as much as it is physically possible. If Frank had a nickel for every time Brendon or Pete threatened to push him off of a building he would at least have enough to buy himself a Venti from Starbucks.

"Does anyone have any carrots?" Brendon asks, "I don't think the breadcrumbs are even big enough for them to notice."

"I can offer you a raisin," Ray says.

"Ha, Raysin," Frank says to himself, simultaneously disappointed and proud of his bad joke.

"You really are seven years old," Brendon says, shaking his head as he takes the small carton of raisins and begins throwing them at the guys behind them, which is kind of a redundant thing to say to someone when you're throwing food at people.

"Okay, so which one of us is throwing dried fruit at jocks?" Frank asks.

"Yeah, but to be fair, what's a better use of raisins," Gerard says, "Raisins are Satan's work."

"Preach it," Frank agrees.

"I happen to enjoy raisins," Pete mumbles.

"You are a minion of Satan and must be destroyed in the fires of Mount Doom," Frank says.

"That's the weirdest threat I've ever heard."

Gerard nods, "Okay, but it's a fair enough threat given what you said."

"All I said is that I like raisins!" Pete groans.

"Don't listen to them Pete, there's nothing wrong with raisins," Mikey says. That figures. They're laying it on pretty thick if you ask him.

"Anyway," Ray says, shaking his head at the stupid conversation, though it's not like it's as bad as that one about sheep the other day. And the debate over which Hogwarts house Pete would be in. And that other debate on who would be the best poker player in the world of Narnia. And that other conversation about who would win in a fight to the death, Gizmo the Gremlin or Stitch.