Capítulo 31

A mi me bastaría con estar seguro de que tu y yo existimos en este momento.

It's enough for me to be sure that you and I exist at this moment.

-Gabriel García Márquez, One Hundred Years of Solitude

***

When Pat woke up, he found Miho still asleep beside him. Nakaharap ito sa kanya at nakayakap sa kanyang baywang. He looked below, at his plain white tee that she was wearing and remembered last night.

After they spent some time on his bed, they went downstairs to eat a little. Nagutom kasi silang parehas kaya ang gorgorya ang pinagdiskitahan nila sa may kusina. Manang Pina wasn't there, tulog na ito. He told Miho that she usually sleeps early and rises early.

Nagpaalam na uuwi si Miho kagabi pero hindi na niya pinayagan. Late na kasi. Besides, he really wanted her to stay. She didn't bring any spare clothes so she ended up wearing his plain shirt that was large enough to cover her thighs.

There was a vacant room where she could spend the rest of the night but he asked her to sleep beside him. She didn't refuse and they did it the second time, again, on his bed. Despite confessing before that this isn't her first time anymore, he has observed her innocence in every action. Kabado ito at nahihiya.

Buong gabi niya ito hindi pinagsawaang halik-halikan. There's a difference between kissing someone out of physical attraction and kissing someone because words can no longer accurately express your feelings for the person. What he felt last night was a mixture of both but the latter reason was stronger.

It was not similar to the one-night stands that he used to have way back before Miho came. He finally learned what love-making was, in its literal and finest meaning. When words cannot suffice, action really does speak louder.

It might be wrong as he broke his promise to her mom. But as bad as it may sound, there was no regret that he felt as he was able to show her himself, without the walls that he used to have.

Last night, a wave of strong emotion engulfed him at the same time, Miho's presence made him weak in an unexplainable way.

Pakiramdam niya ay nakalaya siya sa kung saan siya matagal na nakagapos at dahil doon, ayaw niyang pagsisihan ang mga sumunod na nangyari. He became open to her and she, too, opened herself to him physically and emotionally.

There were no barriers between them anymore. Kung ano man ang mangyari, handa naman siyang panagutan ang ginawa dito. He loves her so much, that is what's now important for him.

Before they slept, Miho wanted to open up about her then-fiancé but they agreed to talk about it later. Ang sa kanilang dalawa lang ang pinag-usapan nila kagabi. 

Alam na raw nito ang kwento ng nakaraan niya dahil kay Georgina. He didn't want her to pity him just because of that. Miho said that she loved him not because of pity and he was thankful for that. Nangako siyang aayusin niya ang sarili. She asked him to be more open about his feelings and thoughts and she'll do the same. Naniniwala ito na kakayanin nilang dalawa sa pamamagitan nito, and he agreed to what she said.

"Morning," he greeted her when he noticed that she was already awake. Nagkukusot ito ng mga mata bago siya titigan. Halatang antok pa ito.