Chapter Seventeen - Some Kind of Drug

*Two Months Later! (April 11, 2016)*
(Adela's POV!)
"Let's just pick a date." Gerald said as we sat in the waiting room at the airport.

"Okay, you pick it. We need to make sure it basically fits with your schedule. Don't want anything interfering with your tours and with your work in general." I explained.

"Fuck all of that. I would literally put everything on hold for you Adela. You tell me when you want to." Gerald quickly said.

I quickly looked up at him to try and read his emotions. He was calm.

"I mean, if it was for me we'd fly to Vegas and just get married." Gerald told me smiling.

I just started to laugh.

"I'm not getting married at one of those weird Vegas chapels. I thought we just wanted a traditional ceremony?" I told him.

"I know. It's just, I don't want to wait that long." Gerald said as he looked at me.

"Why in such a rush Gerald? People are engaged for years. We've only been engaged for 4 months." I quietly said.

"Because I know what I want. I wouldn't have asked you to marry me if I wasn't ready. I'm ready for this type of commitment. I've wanted this for a long time and I finally found the one so yes, I'm in a hurry to officially call you mine." Gerald told me.

All of this was going by so quickly. We started dating quickly and got engaged quickly. Now we're going to get married really quickly. My life has been changing so much lately but for the better. This is the most happiest I've been in my entire life. All because of Gerald. My parents only dated for 3 months and then they got married. They're the best couple I know and I know thats what I want with Gerald. I'm ready for this too.

"Then you set the date Mr.Gerald Gillum. You decide when to make me Mrs.Gillum." I told him smiling.

A smile from ear to ear formed on his face.

"I'm thinking a summer wedding. I'm going to be doing that tour with Logic in June. I saw we tie the knot before that. I'm thinking June 18th." Gerald told me smiling.

"Wait, we won't have a honeymoon then?" I quickly asked.

"No, not after the wedding but babe, if you wait for me at the end of this tour we're going to go on the best honeymoon. I promise. Just marry me. I promise me and you will go away for a long time after all of these shows." He quickly explained to me.

I just looked at him smiling.

"Let's start planning then. Make sure you send out the save the dates." I told him smiling.

He quickly leaned in and gave me a kiss. He grabbed my hand and kissed my engagement ring.

*5 Hours Later!*
We quickly got our luggage and walked out of O'hare airport. We're back in Chicago for my birthday weekend. This was Gerald's present to me. I'm going to spend time with my family and Marlene tomorrow for my birthday which I'm excited about. I haven't been back to Chicago since January. I've definitely been a bit homesick.

Gerald and I quickly called a cab and the taxi driver drove us to the Drake Hotel in downtown. Gerald has been wanting to buy a condo here in Chicago but we haven't had the time to look around. When we got to the hotel we checked in and they we went up to our room. Like always the room was beautiful and the view was even better.

"What are you guys going to do tomorrow?" Gerald asked me.

"I think we're just going to go out for dinner. You're going too babe. Marlene is going to be there too." I quickly told him.