Chapter Eleven - Songs About You

Authors Note: 'Think About You' is above. I freaking love this song. I always try and attach a picture and song for a chapter :)
_______ 
*One Month Later! (November 2015)*
(Adela's POV!)
I sat in the studio with Gerald. We've been here all day. He's finally finishing his last minute touches to his album "When It's Dark Out" that comes out next month. He's always working and things are a little crazy. We're doing great. Better than ever actually. I've done a couple of more modeling gigs and that's helped me a lot. It's what let's me be with Gerald almost all the time. I quit my job at the club already. It was just too much and I'm looking for a full-time job as a high school counselor. I'm not only applying in Chicago but I've been applying in Los Angeles and Oakland.

I sat on the couch listening to some of the songs. Gerald hasn't really let me listen to a lot of song. He'll play a little part of a song and then change it. We've been in the studio for 8 hours straight. I've been sitting on the couch letting him do his own thing. Soon all the guys left to go get us something to eat. Gerald came out and sat on the couch with me.

"You're tired?" He asked me.

"No, aren't you. You haven't slept really well. I'm a little concerned for you." I told him as I leaned my head against his arm.

"I'm good. Feels good to sit for a while." He said.

"Now that the guys are gone, let me play this song for you. I was going to wait but, what the hell." He said as he slowly stood up.

He went up to all the buttons and then clicked on the music. He quickly went back and sat back down. I laid my head on his lap. He started to run his fingers through my hair.

The music was so soothing.

"Heart is racing hard. Got you on my mind
Don't ever think I don't. I know what you like and I'm the only one that ever should know when I cross your mind. Make you wanna hit it right. Right now, but don't even think about it, I could get you right, yeah, and I'm the only one that ever could, But what you should do." A girl with a beautiful voice sang.

Soon Gerald came on.

"Last night I sent a message, drunk when I sent it, pieces of a fragmented sentence.
Essentially along the lines of saying I'm in town. Didn't cross the line, just saying if you're down let's chill and get a drink
I sipped, hoping I would hear again. The text bubble popped up and disappeared again. Like I don't want it getting weird again, and I don't wanna fight, and I don't want you shedding tears again.It's not a big deal, but don't think I don't think about you."  Gerald rapped.

I quickly looked up at him. I listened to the rest of the song. I was quiet in till the end. Once the song ended Gerald looked down at me.

"I wrote it when we broke up. Started writing exactly when I texted you that night." He explained.

"You're so talented Gerald. I loved it. It's great. Brings back memories but it's beautiful." I said.

"Thank you. It was actually really hard to write. I enjoyed recording it though. Whenever I hear this song, it reminds me of you. Shit I have 3 songs about you on this album." Gerald told me.

"Wow, I have someone writing songs about me." I told him smiling.

"Of course." He said laughing.

"You're not scared Gerald? I know this album is going to change everything for you. Just the bits of songs you've let me listen to sound amazing." I told him as I looked up at him.

"Sometimes I am. I'm scared sometimes that I'll lose myself. But everyone pulls me through. I'm just trying to make everyone proud." He said as he looked down at me.