Chapter Seven - Celebrations

Authors note: picture of what Adela and Gerald wore to the wedding and Adela on her birthday dinner!
_____

*3 Months Later! (April 12, 2015)*
(Adela's POV!)
I slowly opened my eyes and immediately heard 50 Cents "In Da Club". I raised my head and saw Marlene standing over me with a cupcake and a candle that had 23 on it.  

"Go, go, go, go, go, go! Go shorty, it's your birthday! We gonna party like it's your birthday! We gonna sip Bacardi like it's your birthday, and you know we don't give a fuck if it's not your birthday!" She sang loudly.

I just started laughing. I quickly sat up and she stopped the music. She bent down and gave me a hug.

"Happy Birthday Adela! I love you so much. I'm so blessed to call you my best friend. May we enjoy many more birthdays together." She told me as she hugged me.

"Aw thank you Marlene. I love you too. Thank you. I love this." I told her smiling as I grabbed the cupcake.

"Make a wish." She told me smiling.

I closed my eyes and wished for another amazing year. I opened my eyes and blew out my candles.

"Okay get up now! We have a big day ahead of us." She told me smiling.

I quickly got up and went straight to the bathroom. I brushed my teeth and then took a quick shower. I put my towel on my hair and put my bathrobe on. I changed and then blow dried my hair. I put a little bit of makeup on. I sat down and checked my phone. I had no missed calls and no text messages. It was already 10am so I felt kind of bad. My parents and Angel always call me first thing in the morning. I was sitting on my bed when someone knocked on the front door.

"Can you get that!" Marlene yelled from her bedroom.

"Yeah!" I said back.

I quickly got up and ran to the front door. I opened the door and saw someone holding a huge vase of red and white roses. They quickly moved the vase and I saw Gerald standing there smiling at me.

"Happy Birthday babe." He told me smiling.

I was so happy to see him. I quickly put my arms around him. He had told me he wouldn't be able to make it here today.

"Babe, what are you doing here?" I asked him as I looked up at him.

"I wasn't going to miss your birthday. I wanted to surprise you." He told me smiling.

"Well you did. I'm so happy you're here. I missed you." I told him.

I stepped on my tippy toes and put my lips against his. I haven't seen Gerald in like 3 weeks. I've been so busy with school and work and he's working on his new album. I'm definitely turning into that needy girlfriend who always wants to be with him. Gerald and I have been together now for 6 months and I can't believe time has gone by so fast. We went inside and Marlene was in the kitchen.

"Surprise." Marlene told me smiling.

"You knew?" I asked her.

"Yeah, I was going to take you out for breakfast but Gerald told me to keep you captive here in till he got here." She explained to me.

"I see." I said smiling up at Gerald.

"Well it's your birthday, what do you wanna do?" Gerald asked me.

"I just want to hang out with you guys to be honest. Just wanted to hang out at home. I was wondering if my parents were going to come over or something. They haven't called me." I told them.