Chapter 1

Lisa

             "Come Thru-o-o-o," I sang as  I rolled my hips along with the song playing from the radio in the diner.

             "Shit this my jam, I'm a do a dance to this Nini," I enthused as I bit my lips, moving my hips behind the counter eyeing Nia.

              "Girl go clean table three before Mr. Dean see your ass out here dancing when you should be working," She nagged shaking her head.

              Her supposedly white apron had a brown stains splattered on the front as if she was rolling in mud.  Her hands were occupied with a mountain of dirty dishes. 

              She was a beautiful girl;  big bright brown eyes that held an innocent spark - it was irresistible not to look at. Her complexion was the color of  what you' d call a perfectly created Hershey chocolate bar. She always wore a smile that brightened anyone's day. Her hair was cut into a bob which complemented her entire facial feature. We stood the same height of 5'6 feet. Despite her attire now she was still beautiful.

                 "Ugh, fine, always gotta kill my vibes!" I stopped playing around to attend to the customers.

                  My parents named me  Lisa Chin, but my friends call me Lee. I was twenty-four and single with no kids. I shared an apartment in New York with my best friend Nia and we work together at Diner 24/7. Working at the diner was just a hobby; I came from a wealthy family. Being the only child my adopted parents still gave me money even when I didn't need it. They adopted me the moment I was born. My mother died through childbirth - I was told she was aware of the risk of having a child but she had me anyway - as that time she was working for the Chin's and my father was nowhere to be found. I had a great passion for dancing, that was my only talent, I loved it, I lived it, I studied it and I graduated from college with bachelors in fine arts.

                   I on the other hand I was a light brown complexion. I was often told I resembled a smooth caramel candy bar. With a pair of deceiving hazel eyes that got me in trouble on many occasions. I was blessed with long natural hair which I had no intention of perming. I straighten it when I'm ready or I leave it curly as it is. Right now I have it straightened with bleached extensions at the ends; I thought bleaching my actual hair would damage it. I had a beauty mark on the right side of my face right under my cheek which complimented my complexion. I was told by my parents that my mother was a beautiful girl. I would like to believe that I got my beauty from her. 

               "Girl come give yo' man a kiss." Came a semi bass voice from the entrance of the diner.

                "James get your crusty ass out the diner if you come in here to start shit with your perv ass"  I joked and cut my eyes at him playfully.

                He always had to come in here trying to talk to me or Nia but he was never serious. He just wanted to get us heated and he knew nobody wanted his dead beat ass. He got about a dozen kids and he kept running from his baby mamas. It was said on the streets that he had a little brother who's a big time drug dealer in California.

                "Lisa baby come sit in daddy's lap and tell him why you sound so upset," He cooed and smiled, sliding in a booth which was occupied by a lady drinking her coffee.

                "Sorry babe I didn't see you there, you mind me joining you?" He smirked as if he was slick. 

                "Actually yes, my husband is on his way, please get up!" She said sternly. I had to as his ass was put blast like that.

                "Ha! She wants me," He smirked sliding into an empty booth.

                "If only you were good looking," I responded and shook my head.

                "What's that suppose to mean?" He answered, his smile set on reverse.

                "James, what do you want?" I asked in annoyance as I took out my notepad and pen.

               "Can I get grilled chicken sandwich with cheese, a beer and on the side, a piece of you." He answered with a wink as he ran his tongue against his lower lip causing a disgusted chill to run through my body.

               "Yes, Yes and No." I snapped before I rolled my eyes and walked off towards the counter.

               "Ugh! Here." I dropped the order on the counter.

               "Lemme' guess your husband is here isn't he." She smirked referring to James as she turned around to give the chef the order.

              "He is not my man and yes." I responded and gave her a straight face.

              "I'm just kidding girl, you going dancing tonight?" She asked with giggle at my reaction.

              "Yes! I have to, there is this club named Beat Box. I wanna hit it up tonight."

              "Hmm what am I gonna wear though?" She thought out loud as she pouted, passing me James order.

              "Girl you got my closet, we tight." I winked walking off.

              "Here you go James." I scoffed as I placed his order on the table.

              "Thanks babe." He said with a smirk snug on his face.

              "James how comes you look so decent today?" I asked in almost mocking tone.

             "My lil' brother is coming from Cali today and we gon' hang out, why you wanna' come?"

             "No thanks." I walked off. What I look like going out with him?

 What I look like going out with him?

Vote!

Comment!

Share!

Follow!

Diamond.