"Oh Chase I wish that I could be with you and trust me I'll get better just give me time and then I'll be coming home with you and it'll be just like how it used to be."

He continued to cry and I think it really took a toll on me to hear him say he didn't want to be with me anymore. He missed his mama and I'm starting to miss her too.

"Come on chase." I said as I tried to hold back any tears that tried to escape.

"No Miles! I'm not going anywhere with you just let me stay with her."

I turned my head away and ran my hand over my face out of frustration. He was testing my patience, which I know I have to control, but I'm not okay with this disrespectful shit.

"Listen to me. I'll call you or oooh better yet I'll get you that new transformers toy that you said you wanted if you just leave with daddy please." She whispered and pulled the scarf over her face to cough into.

He held his head down and dropped her hand.

"I love you." He cried out and ran away. I looked at him as he left the room and I turned to look at Ava and she only nodded. I bent down and kissed her forehead.

"Get better for me okay?"

"I will." She smiled and closed her eyes. I dimmed the lights as I left her room and met Chase outside the door. He was leaned against a wall, bawling his eyes out and I pulled him up by his arms.

"Come on." I stuck my giant sized hand out and wrapped his in mine and we left the hospital, both of us emotional as hell.

-

When I got home, Chase had fell asleep in the car so I just carried him up to his room, changed him into his PJ's and tucked him in. I made it into the bedroom to see Melanie asleep, her glasses still on her face and another parenting book laying open on her stomach. I smiled and made my way to her, sliding the glasses from her face and sitting them on the nightstand.

I removed the book and sat it on the nightstand also. She started to move and opened her eyes.

"When did you get back?" She asked stretching her legs out.

"Not long ago. How did it go? He's okay right?"

"Yeah he's fine just in hella pain of course. They expect him to leave within the next two to three days."

"Oh okay that's good for him I guess..."

"Yeah what's up with you? where's Chase?"

"He's sleep but he had a complete meltdown at the hospital as we were getting ready to leave. I think I should find him a psychiatrist to go see because he is gonna need it once she passes."

"I know that but that is his mother and he's been living with her for how long? It'll be different if you were already there for him but you've only been knowing him for a little while."

"I know that but it really hurt me when he said he didn't wanna be with me." I pouted.

"Miles you can't expect everyone to feel one way about you, you should know from work." She playfully rolled her eyes. "But he's your son and all he needs is a little space. How about me and him just go out for fun tomorrow."