"Is that all you got?" The akuma taunted. His pale lips turned up in a smirk.

"Nope!" A voice yelled from afar. Startled, the akuma turned to see... Rena Rouge?

She was just standing there, frozen, with a big grin on her face. "Run, Rena!" Jade yelled, worried.

She stood still. Had the akuma frozen her?

The akuma rushed at her and Jade's heart dropped. Dr. Destroyer struck out and hit... a hologram?

"What?" And, as the akuma stood confused, a rope wrapped around his ankles, tightened, and the doctor fell.

Carapace rushed over and grabbed the doctor's stethoscope. Quickly, he tucked it in his bag and the akuma slumped over.

Relief flooded Carapace. It wouldn't take long to find Ladybug, and, while the stethoscope remained in his magic bag, the akuma couldn't move.

But who had stopped him?

"Rena Rouge?" He called.

But it wasn't Rena who stepped out of the bushes. It was someone he knew very well.

"Alya?" He said in dismay. "What on earth were you thinking?"

Her face contorted into confusion. "You know me?"

"No!" He had forgotten that he was still Carapace. "Well, yes. But that doesn't matter! You could have been killed!"

Alya pursed her lips. "Well, I wasn't."

Carapace shook his head. "I'm escorting you home."

"Fine." Alya said sullenly. "Still, you weren't doing any better Shelly."

First Rena Rouge, and now Alya?" Carapace thought grumpily. Why does everyone call me that?

"C'mon." He said. "We're taking the water."

***

Even Alya had to admit that riding a skateboard-like boat that propelled itself through the water was pretty cool.

She was standing behind Carapace, clutching his shoulders tightly as not to fall off. She didn't want to explain to her mother why she was home soaking wet!

Carapace seemed a lot more carefree now. He was even grinning happily.

"So, how do you know me?" Alya asked eagerly.

"Uh... the Ladyblog."

"You read my blog?"

"In my civilian form." Carapace said simply. "And, no, I'm not elaborating."

He really is quite handsome when he smiles, Alya thought.

She had developed a crush on the Turtle hero when they had first met (and she hadn't known how uptight he could be.)

But, besides, now she had Nino. With his goofy jokes and loud music and giant smiles.

"Maybe drop me off at the next corner instead of my house." Alya suggested.

She didn't consider how, exactly, he had known where her house was until she was home and in bed.

Carapace frowned. "Why?"

"My boyfriend lives near me, and he's usually outside at this time of day. I don't want him to get the wrong idea." She said.

Carapace hid his grin. "Uh, sure."

He was pretty sure that Nino wouldn't be home today.

"Thanks. Hey, I'm sorry for interfering."

"I'm sorry for overreacting. You did really well."

She perked up. "Really?"

"That doesn't mean do it again." He warned.

She grinned, blindingly, and Carapace almost missed her stop. He scowled slightly, embarrassed. "Well, see you. Better not be near another akuma, though!"

"See you!" She said cheerfully. He watched her walk away, tapping away on her cellphone. She was probably texting Marinette.

He smiled slightly. Some things never change, do they.

Suddenly, his baton started beeping. Curious, he picked it up.

It was Ladybug. "Carapace, where are you?" She asked. "Do you have the akuma?"

He cursed. "Yes, I'm sorry Ladybug. I'll be right there. Are you near the Eiffel Tower?"

"Yes, hurry! I've only got a few minutes left!"

Carapace hung up and urged his water board to go faster. If he didn't reach Ladybug in time, he wouldn't be able to de-evilize it.

The akuma would be free, and it would go after who had defeated it.

Which meant Alya was in danger.