Chapter Fourteen - Two Months Later

A/N Hey guys! So I just want to give CrissySparklez a HUGE shoutout to CrissySparklez! She created this AWESOME new cover for me! Also, check out her fanfiction "I Thought She Loved Me," it's amazing!

Anyways, time for Chapter Thirteen!

Chapter Thirteen - Two Months Later

ALI'S POV

Today marked the two month "anniversary" of when I came home from the hospital. My life has been getting better. Over the period of two months, I remembered my father, although that wasn't much of a happy memory.

But because of that, Mitch managed to convince me to move to the apartment next to his, which used to be Jordan's old apartment.

Jordan.

Whenever I thought of him, or even just his name, I felt a warm feeling overtake me. Something mixed with such a great force of joy and happiness, and an even larger wave of guilt for letting him leave and slip right through my fingers.

For the past two months, I haven't had those weird memory flashbacks that I had when I saw Jordan hugging the lady at the counter, who seemed to leave a few weeks later, and when I broke down crying in Mitch's apartment.

I was kind of glad I didn't have any more of those. Whenever I did, I felt like wanting to do what I used to do apparently, according to Mitch. I cut myself, and when Mitch had sat me down one day and told it to me slowly, I was revolted at myself.

But also, whenever I did, I enjoyed it. I tried to make the memory linger as far as possible until it's completely out of my reach, and that's when the immense guilt takes over me.

So I guess it's safe to say, it's time I forget about Jordan.

MITCH'S POV

Today was the day, I promised myself that there will be no backing out. Jordan was out of Ali's love life, and I was hoping that I could enter myself in hers.

I grabbed the rose that was sitting on a nearby table, and I got up quickly, leaving my apartment. I hesitantly knocked on Ali's door slowly.

I saw her opening her door, and she smiled. "Hey, Mitch! What's up?" she said, flashing her white teeth.

"Well... I was wondering... we've known each other for a while now, and I was wondering if maybe you and I could go on a date tonight," I said while taking out the rose from behind me.

ALI'S POV

When Mitch had asked me this question, I kind of just froze up. After staring at the rose in his hand for a while, I realized that I didn't want to hurt Mitch's feelings.

I didn't like Mitch that way, but I thought, One date won't matter, right?

"Sure, Mitch," I said, smiling. He leaned in for a hug, and I smiled and granted him one.

---A FEW HOURS LATER: AFTER DINNER---

"Mitch, that was a lot of fun. I'm glad we did this," I said, staring into his eyes. Maybe dating Mitch won't be a bad idea.

"Yah, it was," Mitch said, smiling. We walked up to my apartment door and we stood there, staring at each other in the eyes.

When I looked away awkwardly, blushing, I felt him tip my face up slightly with his finger and he leaned forward, and kissed me.

I didn't feel a spark, nothing special.

But when his lips touched mine, I remembered. I remembered everything, starting with all of Jordan and I's kisses.

The first kiss... All the way to the last.

My eyes were wide open and I pulled apart. I saw confusion and hurt pass over Mitch's face quickly, and I whispered out, "Jordan..."

I ran into my apartment and quickly grabbed my phone. I scrolled through my contacts and found Jordan's number.

I quickly called him, and put the phone to my ear, quietly mumbling, "Please pick up..." over and over again.

I heard a clicking sound and a very familiar voice say, "Ali?"

JORDAN'S POV

"It was great to see you again, Morgan," I said, holding both her hands. "Tonight was a lot of fun."

I saw Morgan smile, which reminded me of Ali. I learned to live with the thoughts of Ali haunting over me. I knew I couldn't do anything about it.

I felt me and Morgan's heads start to lean towards each other, outside of my apartment, but the sudden sound of my phone interrupted us.

"I'm sorry," I said quickly, while taking out my phone.

I saw Morgan smile and say, "It's fine," while blushing.

UGH why does someone have to call at this moment?! I'm gonna be so mad when they pick up.

I froze in place when I saw who was calling. The photo of Ali and I popped up, and I saw the name, "Ali Keele" on my screen.

I hesitantly answered the phone and put it up to my ear. "Ali?" I whispered.

I heard a sniffle and Ali's beautiful voice whisper into the phone, "I'm sorry... it's just... meet me at the Santa Barbara airport on Saturday."

---

A/N :) Just like... ahhhh... she remembers... Sorry for the short chapter by the way! Darn writer's block...

Votes and Comments greatly appreciated!

 -Sunny