"Mmkay", Zoey mumbled, already drifting off into sleep.

Around five, Kate finally made her way into the loft. Zoey had thrown up only twice more since they arrived home and her fever had started to go down but still wasn't where it needed to be. The girl was currently sitting up on the couch, a bowl of chicken soup in her lap, wrapped in a blanket while she watched a movie. Kate kicked off her shoes and made her way over to the couch.

"How's my girl doing?", Kate sat next Zoey and placed her hand on the girls forehead. "Still got a fever huh?"

"I guess", Zoey's pitiful little voice instantly broke Kate's heart. She hated seeing the girl like this. "I threw up again"

"I'm sorry baby girl", Kate moved closer and pulled the girl into her, "Is there anything I can do to help?"

"Can you make it go away please", the girl nearly begged.

Kate sighed, running her fingers up and down Zoey's back, "If I could I would sweetie. Is there anything else I can do for you?"

"What you're doing now is helping", the girl looked up at the woman and smiled.

"Hmm, ok. How about, you finish your soup, and I'll go change my clothes and grab some dinner and then we can cuddle up on the couch for the night. Sound good", Kate said in a soothing, motherly tone, keeping her eyes soft and on her girl.

"I'd like that", Zoey sat up and started sipping at her bowl as Kate got up and retreated to her and Castle's bedroom.

When she returned, Zoey was half asleep with Rick sitting on her left. "Hey", she smiled at her husband, "is she asleep?"

"No", Zoey mumbled.

"Zo are you sure you want to stay up for one more movie? There is no way you are going to school tomorrow, we could just watch one then", Rick said running his fingers through the girls long brown locks.

"I'm sure. I don't think I can go to sleep yet anyways"

"Ok then, Kate can you hit play?"

Kate hit the button on the remote and the movie played. Of course it was a Disney movie, and of course it was Finding Nemo, Zoey's favorite. As the three settled into the couch, Zoey made her way over into Kate's side, with her feet tucked up against Castle, and head resting on Kate's chest. Kate had her back against the arm of the couch and was absent mindedly playing with Zoey's hair while watching Marlin swim after the boat that had just kidnapped his son. Or would it be considered 'fishnapping'? It really didn't matter because when she looked down, Zoey had finally slipped into unconsciousness.

"Castle", Kate nodded her head to the girl when she got her husband's attention.

"Should we leave her down here?", he asked

"Should probably let her sleep in her own bed tonight", she said with an apologetic look. They both knew that meant either waking the girl up or Castle carrying her upstairs.

"Can we wait til the end of the movie? She might wake up by then", Castle suggested.

"You just want to watch the movie don't you", she laughed.

"Guilty", he smirked.

They went on watching the movie, Zoey occasionally twitching and readjusting but otherwise dead to the world. When the credits rolled, Rick rose from his spot on the couch while Kate adjusted Zoey so that he could carry her upstairs. While trying to do this, Zoey tried to snuggle back into her and mumbled something incoherent.

"What was that honey?", Kate spoke softly in the girls ear

"I don't wanna"

"You don't wanna...what?", Kate had her head closer to the girl to try and hear her.

"I don't wanna Mama"

Silence. Dead silience. Zoey was obviously still asleep, slumped over in Kate's arms. Had she just called her mom? Mama? Kate looked up at Rick, tears in her eyes.

"Did she just?"

"Ya...ya she did", Rick said with a gigantic smile.

"I don't think she meant to though, she's definitely still asleep", Kate reasoned.

"Does it matter? We're the most truthful in our subconscious", Rick moved to pick the girl up. Kate was so lost in her thoughts she didn't object. The girl was definitely not light and Castle struggled at first but eventually found his bearings.

"Castle, wait", Kate stood up as he began to head for the stairs. He stopped and she walked over to the two.

"Good night baby girl", she kissed the girls cheek, "I love you so much"