Chapter 16: Nightlife

Start from the beginning

'I don't know,' Tom laughed with an apologising smirk on his face, 'couldn't hear what they were saying, so I just went with it. So cheers!' He held his drink in the air and the others followed him.

They almost spat it out when they had downed the drink, it was horrible. Keira felt like her throat had been burnt.

'I feel eighteen again,' Abby laughed while putting the empty glass back on the bar.

'Maybe we are too old for all of this,' Keira said tentatively.

Tom took her face in his hands and chuckled. 'Nonsense, we're perfectly capable of having fun,' he then turned back to the bar to order a new round of drinks. This time they were neon green and they all groaned simultaneously when they saw the drinks, worst decision ever.

After a few drinks they couldn't stop giggling and Keira was sure they were slightly embarrassing themselves. The drinks had tasted like lemonade, but obviously they had been brimmed with alcohol. She already felt light-headed and everything seemed so much funnier. She didn't even care that she wasn't dressed up like all the other people in the club, she was just here to have fun. They hadn't bothered to go back home and change, so they now looked rather underdressed.

Tom suddenly grabbed her arm and put his mouth by her ear. 'Look at Abby, I think someone might have taken her interest,' he pointed in the direction of a group of men.

Keira followed Abby's stare and Tom indeed was right, she had her eyes planted on a guy with lazy brown curls. He hadn't noticed her staring yet and was talking animatedly with his friends. She could see that the whole group was made out of good looking guys, especially the guy with blonde hair and blue eyes. He reminded her of someone and she felt her stomach stir. Abby's eyes were still glued to the curly haired boy and she didn't even notice Tom handing her another drink. Keira smirked, she knew that look from Abby and she could already imagine how Abby's night was going to end. She had the natural ability to get any guy she liked in bed with her.

'Come on,' Tom pulled them both away from the bar and to the dance floor. 'I don't think he'll notice you if you're just standing still. Show some moves and I'm sure that he will be looking over here in no time,' he smirked when Abby looked a little embarrassed. She had almost lost her balance when he had started shouting in her ear.

They were dancing like fools, because they all had lost some of their coordination after the drinks. However, they didn't mind one bit and we're enjoying themselves. Tom was the master in sick dance moves and in no time a whole group of girls had appeared out of nowhere to dance with him. Abby and Keira couldn't stop laughing at all the blatant attempts to get his attention. He had the widest grin and kept coming back to Abby and Keira. Abby was still busy eying up the guy she had spotted at the bar and she was obviously playing a game with him. After a while of batting her eyelashes and licking her lips he made his way over to her. She giggled loudly when he started dancing with her and it didn't take long for her to feel up his body.

Tom's cheeks were red and he sounded out of breath when he found his way back to Keira. 'I see that Abby hasn't lost any of her tricks yet,' he sniggered while pushing away a few girls. He put his arm around her shoulder and they continued dancing together.

'You also have some success,' she pointed at the group of girls which were now giving her dirty looks for having the nerve to dance with him. She blew them all a kiss and ruffled Tom's hair to let them sulk even more.

'Thank you,' he whispered thankfully, 'I can't get them to bugger off.'

She shook her head and pulled him away from to group to get closer to where Abby and her guy were dancing. It had been a good decision to go out, she thought, she couldn't remember the last time she had let steam off like this.