syndicate Ⅱ : chapter ten

Start from the beginning

Reece teared up making Luke pout slightly and take Reece's hand. "when I saw you, I thought you looked so beautiful, and you hugged Char and she looked so happy to meet you and you got along so well and--" Reece choked on tears, making Luke hug him around his waist, Reece holding Luke close.

"It's okay." Luke said, "you'll see her soon, I promise."

Reece sniffled and kissed Luke's head, "I love you."

"I love you too." Luke smiled softly, cupping Reece's cheeks and kissing him softly. Luke then pulled away and took the photo frame and the clock, putting them by the TV in the living room. "How about..." Luke started, going back to Reece, "we go out for dinner tonight and then we go on the boat for a bit?"

Reece nodded, "yeah, sure. Do you want to have a bath with me?"

Luke nodded, "I already had candles in there waiting for us."

Reece hopped off the counter, cupping Luke's cheeks and kissing him deeply. "This is why I love you."

***

That night the two of them took the boat to the town, they walked towards the pier and to the restaurant that was on the end of the wooden pier. They had a table in the window and Reece had his hands entwined with Luke's across from him. They'd already eaten and were now waiting for their dessert, Luke was craving something chocolatey so they got a hot chocolate fudge brownie and ice cream. Reece had his head leant against the window and staring at Luke as the blond looked out the window and towards the ocean. Luke was so beautiful and Reece didn't know how lucky he'd gotten.

Luke licked his lips, watching a boat go by the pier before he looked at Reece and saw the small content smile on his face. "What?"

Reece shrugged, "nothin', just wondering how lucky I got."

Luke smiled, rubbing the back of Reece's hand. "Are you enjoying your birthday?"

Reece nodded, "best birthday I've had in a long time." He smiled, "got to spend it with my family," he said, touching Luke's wedding ring that was pressed against his skin. "My husband and my future baby."

Luke smiled, "I can't wait to have the baby." He said, "though I might cry when the pain starts but it'll be worth it."

The dessert came then, and when the waitress left and Luke took a large bite of the brownie Reece smiled, "I love you," Reece said, luke looking up with chocolate covered lips. Reece grinned and reached his hand forward, swiping at his bottom lip. "You're a mess."

Luke shrugged, "you fell in love with this mess."

Reece sighed, "yeah I did."

Luke ate the majority of the dessert, and the pair left, taking a walk on the pier, and down through the line of open bars and restaurants, passing the bakery Luke worked at (Luke hadn't told Reece about Philip's pass at him) and Luke paused outside of a small baby boutique. Reece looked behind at Luke when he stopped, "what?" Reece asked.

Luke tugged him back, making Reece look at the window, seeing baby mannequins in baby clothes and a shelf full of baby shoes and toys on the window floor. "I want a little girl," Luke said, seeing the baby pink dress and he imagined how cute his little baby would look in it. "Look at the little dress."

Reece did as Luke said and he looked at the clothes and he smiled, he still couldn't believe Luke was pregnant with his baby and they were going to be a proper family.

"How many kids do you want?" Reece asked softly, seeing Luke still staring at the baby things.

"Four," Luke said, "at the least anyway."