Anut raised further insulted but I merely smiled. "Thank you. I was hoping to make more like him just... not snakes. He scares people enough just by his lonesome." I smiled at Curumo seeing light start to paint the sky light blue, purple and pink. "We may want to get to the forge. It's starting to get light outside." Curumo looked out the window and mumbled under his breath snatching my hand and began to run.

"Aule is going to be angry!," Curumo whined once we got outside the doors. "And Mairon is going to wring my neck..."

"Don't worry. It was my fault. I didn't wake up on time. I'll make sure I get most of his anger." I said with a smile and pushed open the doors walking in. Aule spun towards me anger on his face and then astonishment. "Good morning. I'm sorry for making Curumo late. I didn't get up in time. It won't happen again." I apologized.

"Did you push the doors open yourself?" Aule asked and I looked at him then at the doors before looking at him oddly. "Both of them?"

"Yes... They're just doors... Was I not supposed to be able to push them open or something?" I asked slowly.

"Those doors are made of the strongest ore in Aman! Most of the workers who have been here for years can barely open one!" Curumo exclaimed.

"Uh-huh. They really aren't that heavy." I looked in between Curumo and Aule and Curumo did a double take while Aule's laughed boomed throughout the forge making most of the workers stop to look at what was going on.

"You are special!" Aule saw that a lot of his workers had stopped and yelled, "Get back to work. There is nothing fascinating going on."

I raised an eyebrow. "Thank you?" I looked around. "What would you like me to do for you?"

"Mairon seems to need help. He hasn't been finishing his projects and having to stay late. I'd like him to be caught up by the time I close the forge."

"Yep. On it," I chirped. "How long is that and who's Mairon?"

"The forge closes as soon as the sun starts to sip in the sky and-"

"I'm Mairon," A voice sighed from behind me making me turn and look up at the even more extremely attractive male being that stood there with a slightly interested/I-don't-give-a-shit face.

I turned back to Aule. "Last question: What is the likelihood that I'm going to be crushed to death in here as you all a gigantic?"

"As long as you mind yourself you should be fine," Curumo stated shyly before getting hit over the head with a pair of gloves.

"You're late," Mairon stated as he looked at Curumo like a big brother would his younger brother as he scolded him.

"I apologize. It's my fault. I'm not a morning person," I stated bowing my head a little.

"You could've fooled me," Aule chuckled. "Mairon she will become your assistant as of today."

"Curumo is already my assistant."

"She's just an extra hand. You've been slacking."

"I finished all the projects you gave me." Mairon sighed holding his neck and closing his eyes. "I stayed until late last night finishing them up so there isn't anything for her to do that Curumo can't do."

Aule seemed to go into thought. "Well then I guess your trek here was for naught young one."

"Welp. Guess I'll go find a way to occupy my time. Probably go annoy Kalanlyn or something." I got a wicked smile as I quickly formed a plan.

"That is a smile that would put even Melkor in his place. Whatever you're thinking, I fear for Kalanlyn," Mairon chuckled.

I laughed. "It's not like I'm going to kill him! I'm just going to dump extremely cold water on his face and then run away." I stopped to think about what Kalanlyn would do. "He's going to try to kill me..."