Chapter 10

A gun shot rang out in the small sandwich shop. Ringing pierced my ears as I fell to the floor. I grabbed my head and my ears felt like they were bleeding. Everything was hazy as madness erupted inside and outside the shop. I felt someone tug my arm and I looked up to see Dale yelling something. I saw her lips moving but heard nothing. I felt peoples feet pounding by us as I crouched on the floor. I got up and looked near my chair and saw a bullet hole right by the wall near me. Someone was aiming for me. I panicked and got up. I let Dale guide me to the back door where it was completely empty. My hearing slowly started to come back as we sprinted out the door. We stopped in an alleyway as people raced past trying to get away from danger.

"Mharcs mn fnd sss," was all I heard. "MARCUS' MEN FOUND US," she screamed. I winced at the loudness of her voice and fear doused my body. A shiver ran down the length of my spine as Dale's words replayed in my head. The man that shot at me was one of Marcus' men.

"How could they have found us, it's been two years! How could they have known we're here? We led them away!" I said as tears started to pour out of my eyes. I don't want to run, I love my job, I love my flat, I love my life.

"Well, well, well, if it isn't Patrica Walters and Bree Smith!" a low voice said. Our heads snapped to the spot where we heard our fake names were said. "Or should I say Daley Jamison and Annalise Schuster," he said. A tall, lean man stepped out of the shadows holding a gun. "Sorry for my inaccuracy at the sub shop, I completely apologize. Now I have to put you both through more misery,"

I hissed through clenched teeth. I took a couple of karate classes after Dale and I arrived in London. I guess now was the time to put those lessons to use.

"I wouldn't be so sure about that," I said smirking. Confusion swept across the man's face and I used the time to gain the element of surprise. I ran up to him and kicked him nice and hard, right in the nuts.