Chapter 10: Revolution

Start from the beginning

     "You just don't understand!" I yell. 

     "What don't I understand!?" She yells back.

     "You don't know half the things that are going on right now!" After that, I go off on her. "The man that killed my grandmother was my grandfather aka your dad! He started this all! And he said if I told anyone he would kill my family and friends one-by-one!" My hands turn into fist. "The only way to prevent this was if I didn't tell anyone... And I failed... So you're right about one thing... It is my fault she's dead. And had I told you, he would have killed you too." There's a long silence. I didn't want to look at her. And I was sure she didn't want to look at me. 

     "Why didn't you tell me?" She says softly.

     "What part of he would have killed you didn't you understand?!" I yell. Then there is a knock at the door. I open the door and to my surprise I see my friends Rachel Caitlin and Michelle. "I told you guys to leave." I say in a sad tone.

     "Sophia I just got a text from a random number, look." Rachel hands me her phone while completely avoiding what I said.

Meet me at your middle school in 20 minutes. 

     I handed her her phone back. 

     "This is, the last battle... Isnt it?" Michelle asks. I look up at them and nod. 

     "You guys can come but... It isn't gonna be pretty." I say with a half smile. Michelle gave me a look. She was probably wondering how I could still smile in such a shitty situation.

     "Well if you want us to or not, we planned on coming." Caitlin says with a sassy tone. I stayed quiet and took a few deep breaths. My heart was pounding. Nervousness and a bit of excitement was flowing through my body. One half of me was scared to death for my life and my friends life. The other half of me wanted to test out my abilities on this old bastard. 

     "Let's go..." I say. But before I could walk out the door my mom grabbed my wrist tightly.

     "You're fighting him?" She asks.

     "Im stronger than you think mom." I said with a half smile.

     "It's not that I'm worried about, I know how strong you are." I felt a little bit of confidence grow in me. I tilted my head and looked at her confused.

     "Then what is it you're worried about?" 

     "If he's fighting you, a person that can manipulate fire, then isn't it obvious he has an... ability as well? Because if he didn't then he would be destroyed by you easily. And if he does you don't even know what it is. Sophia you don't know a thing about him! You could die!" She explains. We all stay quiet.

     "Shes right..." Michelle says. I look at her surprised. 

     "Huh?"

     "You could die if you aren't careful Sophia..." Michelle sounded worried but I couldn't help but laugh slightly. "Huh? What's so funny?" She asks. 

     "Name one situation I was careful in." I say. Silence. That's what I thought. "And yet i'm still here Michelle!" 

     "But this is different!" She yells. My eyes widened. "This involves things that not even the smartest people on the planet know about! What if something goes wrong?! We won't be able to help you! Because we don't know what any of this is! Its super dangerous compared to the other things we've done!" I could see tears at the end of her eyes. "What if you die...? None of us want that to happen..." My mom lets go of me. I sighed.

     "Isn't it obvious what i'm trying to say?" She looks up at me. "I'm not going anywhere..." We all smiled at each other. Then I looked up at my mom. "Oh mom? I'm sorry about how much of a baby I was." 

     "Sophia, you shouldn't do this." My mom suddenly said, avoiding my apology. 

     "Oh yea? Then who else is gonna do this? The police?" I asked her.

     "Yes!" She raised her voice at me. "I don't wanna loose my only daughter..."My mom grabbed my hand and set a hand on my cheek. 

     "Mom..." I spoke quietly. "It's either I risk my life today, or tons of people die tomorrow..." My mom sighed and looked at my hand. "I know that none of you want me to do this. But I have to end this now, or else he'll never stop." My mom slowly let me go. "I'm sorry..." A smile slowly crept onto my mom's face.

     "It's okay... I don't think this enemy will have the guts to kill a 12 year old." 

     "I JUST TURNED 13 DAMN IT!!!" I yelled. My mom and friends all laugh while I just sigh and hold my head in my hand. After they all got their giggles out we start walking away from my house. "Let's go guys!" We start running down the street. 

     "Stay safe...!" My mom yells. I wave at her and keep running.

     "So what would you call this you guys?" I ask.

     "A revolution?" Caitlin suggest. I smiled. My friends here by my side made me feel confident.

     "Hell yea."