Chapter 10: Revolution

"Come on! Let's get out of here." Michelle exclaims while she stands up. The three of stand as well and then start walking to our homes.

     "Uh... Guys?" I say standing up. "Do you think my mom is just going to let me back into the house? You saw what happened, she probably wants to disown me right now." Caitlin walks up to me.

     "Well even if that's the case, you will eventually have to make amends with her." I sigh. She was right. I had to at least try to make my mom not hate me anymore. At the moment that seemed impossible. Rachel and Michelle walk off as Caitlin and I talk to each other for a bit. 

     "Listen Caitlin," I say to get her attention. She looks up at me. "I know that you guys want me to make sure that there's no hard feelings between my mom and I, but promise me that you guys are looking out for yourselves and your families. Don't worry so much about me." She nods to let me know that she is paying attention. "Like I said, my grandfather is after you guys next, so be extra cautious." She nods one last time. 

     "You know that no matter what that we're all gonna worry about you. But okay, I got it. I'll tell the Rachel and Michelle. Then we can tell the guys as well." She smiles. I swing my right arm around her shoulders and pull her head down to my chest. I start rubbing her head to mess up her hair. 

     "Thanks kid!" I say.

     "STOP IT!" She says and lifts her hands to block her head. "And do not call me kid! You know that I am older than you!" She yells while shoving me away from her.

     "Yes I know! But guess who's taller?!" I stand on my tiptoes to tower over her. She just laughs and shoves me away again.

     I quietly walked up to the front door of my house. I took a deep breath and tried to calm down, because this definitely wasn't gonna go down easily. I knocked on the door 3 times. After about a minute of waiting I assumed my mother wasn't home or she knew it was me and didn't want to answer. I was slowly walking away with a sigh, until I hear the door unlock. I ran back to the front door right before it opened. Once it opened my mom stood at the other end of the door. She looked very disappointed. I instantly kind of wanted to go off on her, but I knew that wasn't a good idea. There's a long quiet pause. The sun that had slightly risen by this point started to get covered with clouds. I looked up at her.

     "Can we talk?" I say.

     She let me in the house, thank god. But the two of us just sat at the dining room table in silence. My mom suddenly spoke to me, which surprised me. 

     "How long have you had these abilities?" She asks.

     "Almost a year. I don't remember exactly." I say while folding my arms. 

     "Is this why you were gone for 3 months?" I nodded. "Why didn't you tell anyone?" I don't answer. "Because you didn't tell anyone... Your grandmother is dea-" I cut her off. 

     "Shut up... I don't wanna talk about that right now." I answered her aggressively.

     "Excuse me? It's your fault she is dead!" I squeeze my arm and started slouching in my chair. I wanted to start screaming. A flood of memories of my grandmother and me started playing in my head like a slideshow.

     "You think I don't know that...?" Guilt and sadness took over my body. My grandmother is dead and my mom hates me... 

     "Had you told someone... It would have been different." She says. I jump out of my seat and slam my hands against the table.