Chapter 62 : Year 4

Comincia dall'inizio

"Blimey," Ginny and Harry blurted at the same time as they stared at the six of us.

"What's going on here, Fitz?" Fred questioned as he and George raised their eyebrows at us from where they sat next to Ron. They were both chewing on toast as their grins widened.

I cleared my throat, holding my head high as I attempted to give a dignified response. "We've formed an all girls Quidditch team to prove to the Slytherin boys that we're capable."

George snorted, trying to hide his snickers behind the piece of toast in his hands. "Oh."

"And these were the girls that you chose?" Ron blurted, his mouth still stuffed with food.

Astoria nearly gagged as her mouth flew open. "I will have you know that I'm flawless, Ronniekins."

Fred and George chortled under their breaths, nearly choking on the toast they were attempting to swallow.

"Your may think your makeup is flawless, but I'm confident that your Quidditch skills are not adequate," Hermione retorted coldly, her eyes narrowed at Astoria.

"Someone's still jealous that Greengrass went to the Ball with Ronniekins," I heard Fred mutter to his twin.

"I doubt you're any better, Mudblood," Melody countered, looking up from her book to scowl dully at Hermione.

"Yeah, Granger's just a dirty Mudblood!" Pansy chortled, receiving a few mocking snickers from Daphne.

"All right, that's enough," I cut in, glaring at the Slytherin girls sternly. Harry and Ron looked like they were ready to pounce at Parkinson, and though I wouldn't mind watching them beat the pulp out of her, I did need her for this scrimmage. "We didn't come here to fight with the Gryffindors. We came here to recruit our Seeker."

"Er—no offense, Lainey, but I don't really fancy playing on a team of all girls," Harry piped up sheepishly.

Hermione backhanded his arm. "She doesn't want you, Harry. She wants Ginny."

Every eye turned to Ginny, whose mouth was full of eggs. She quickly swallowed as heat rose to her cheeks.

"You—you want me to be your Seeker on your all girls Quidditch team?" she stammered with uncertainty.

"Well, we don't want you, but Lainey does, and she's Captain, so we have no choice," Ashley clarified with a bite of bitterness in her tone.

"You're Captain?" Fred repeated, sounding mildly impressed.

"I'm not Captain," I grumbled, avoiding everyone's eyes. "But we do need Ginny as our Seeker. She's probably the only chance we have of winning, and we need to win."

Ginny bit her lip as she glanced around at the misfit group of Slytherin girls. "Well—er—when's the first practice? And when is this match against the boys happening?"

"Right now," Ashley informed her bluntly. "No time to practice, Weasel. So stop eating like a pig and get up so we can go warm up on the pitch—"

"Ashley," I hissed as I lightly punched her arm. "Stop being so rude."

"What? Adrian said we're supposed to hate the Weasleys," she whispered defensively. "They betrayed us or something."

I rolled my eyes at her. "Adrian doesn't know what he's talking about. Since when do you listen to him anyway?"

Ashley's brow knitted as she stared off in contemplating. "You're right, you're right... All right Seeker, are you going to come kick some ass with us or do we have to make Potter join the girls' team?"