nine ; i-rrr-land!

Start from the beginning

"I don't really care who wins," said Harry, who was shurgging off his boots for a pair of sneakers. "I've not got a clue what the world teams are--just hope the seeker doesn't get the snitch for another few days..."

"But then we'd miss the train to Hoogwarts," Darcy pointed out, her smile evident when the two boys tolled her eyes. "Also, I wish I had Charlie and Bill as roomy's. They were quite hilarious."

"Yeah, you even thought Charlie's horrid dragon pun was funny," Ron snorted, walking out of the tent with Harry and Darcy following. "Honestly, Darce, you've got to get a better sense of humor."

"Hermione thought it was funny!"

"What was the joke?" Harry said and curiously peeked at Darcy when she sat on the couch.

"A loud of bull," Ron laughed. "'Are you drag-an your feet again, Ron?', he said! Pathetically--"

"We've just Apparated, father!" Percy said loudly as he came into the tent. He was then followed by Charlie and Bill.

"What was pathetic, Ron?" said Charlie, clearly oblivious to what they were talking about.

"Your puns," Ron grumbled, taking another muffin into his mouth.

Harry had noticed that Darcy's shoes were on the wrong way. She seemed really interested in the laces, contemplating if she actually knew how to ties them.

"You've got them on the wrong feet," Harry pointed out, sitting on the floor near her feet.

"Oh!" Darcy said. She was embarrassed, because she'd actually didn't think there was anything wrong with her sneakers. Her cheeks brightened and she hastily pulled them off. "I thought there was something wrong."

It was a quite dumb move, since shoes were basics of a toddler. Maybe it was the roaring thoughts in her head again, but Harry wouldn't know. When Darcy was going to putting her shoes on, Mr. Weasley's voice rang.

"We've got to go!" he said, bustling Ron from the kitchen. "Times gone by fast!"

"Look!" Fred and George yelled, their head to toe clad in green hats and they were tugging on Darcy like t young children as they pointed up to the dozen players in the field.

"I know!" screamed Darcy just as excited as the wizards in the arena. She too was giddily jumping with them.

Every goal was made expertly by Bulgaria, but Ireland was behind twenty points. Ron was booing the Irish as they scored another ten, and then cheering when Bulgaria S hired ten again. It was a screaming march between Ron and Darcy as they both bet each other five galleons that their teams would win.

At the end, Fred and George bet a hundred galleons that Irish would undoubtedly win, with or without the snitch being caught by Bulgaria as they were now dreadfully behind

And they were right! Darcy screamed and jumped, her hands finding Harry's as she did her little dance.

Harry went along with the rambunctious and rather funny girl. He did the wave with their hands and even hugged her happily as she was crying tears of joy.

"Thank you so much, Mr. Weasley!" Darcy shouted over, her eyes cleared.

"No problem, Darce!" He shouted back, also celebrating the Irish victory.

The entire arena had started chanting "Ireland", but was more of rolling the R. Darcy was following this chant as well as the tiger Weasleys and Hermione.

"I-RRRRRR-LAND!" They'd all scream and Ron would pout at Harry for laughing along.

. . .

Harry felt a little jolt in his chest when Darcy threw herself on Ron, ruffling his hair as she laughed. Her eyes crinkled, something that Sirius' eyes would do. Darcy's hair waved down in short dark tousled curls, a look that came from her father, and her skin was much more tanner. Harry liked how her skin glowed with happiness.

He just didn't want to know why he felt like he was angry.

Darcy spotted the quiet boy on the couch, staring intently at the floor, picking at his nails. Her foot tapped his leg after she jumped on the ledge of the couch. 

He looked up, his mesmerizing green eyes catch hers.

"Sing with us," laughed Darcy, her hand out. She held tight to the pole around as he took it and was lifted to the loft right next to the couch.

"Oh, Ronnny," sang Darcy, her voice carrying out like an angels, "Oh, you must be so love, you dovey."

"Oh Viktor," Fred and George choursed, "I love you--"

"When we're apart, my heart beats only for youuu," they all, except Ron, sang with uneven tones. Harry and DArcy laughed at each other, their hands brushing away as they were together for the duration of the song.

When Darcy was about to eat a good ol' apple from the kitche, Mr. Weasley had bustled into the tent. She hadn't realized he left, but he looked scared.

"We have to go," he wheezed, grabbing hold of Ginny. "The Irish weren't celebrating, after all."

published november 18th, 2016