Thins have changed for me.

I was awoken by the sun burning through my eyelids. I slept like a baby, aside from the scary episode that happened before I went inside. My eyes felt sore when I opened them I let them adjust to the light. I streached my arms. You could hear my dad snoring from the next room over. I got up and planted my feet on the ground, letting yesterdays events catch up with me. Well I better start training- but then I remembered something else that happened. 

***

I was being pushed around in the group of guys and girls. 

"Look at her crying!" A girl laughed. 

"How pathetic, she can't even defend herself!" A boy said. 

I just couldn't take it, I almost fell backwards and bruises were forming where people were roughly pushing me. I kicked one of the guys in the leg. It didn't do anything except piss him off. 

"Oh, your gonna' regret that one Fri-face!" Tom said calling me by my moking nickname. I gulped. 

"I-im sorry, T-tom!" Wait why was I apologizing. He was the one pushing me. 

He lifted his fist above me and I squeezed my eyes shut and held my breath waiting for the first blow. But a teacher came by. 

"What are you children doing?! You should be on your way to your last class!" She said sharply not even caring I might have been beaten to a pulp. They all grunted and gathered there stuff walking away. But Tom stopped by me and bent down and snarled in my ear: 

"You better hope we don't run into you on the weekend, or your going to really regret it, Friday." And he left. I let out a sigh of releif an walked to my next class. 

*** 

A wave of fear washed over me. I know I usually never do run into the kids at my school, but what if? I don't think I wanted to risk it. Tom was nee the kind to follow the old rule "Gentlemen shouldn't hit a Lady." I remember telling him this once when we were younger he just laughed and said. 

"What Lady? I don't see a lady, just a sad little pathetic excuse for one named Fri-face!"  

No, I'm sick and tired of being pushed around! I hate it. I cant take it anymore everyday. No, no longer will I be that girl that is pushed around constantly. No no longer will I be that type of girl. It's time I toughened up. I have to train, and if I do then I can become a vampire hunter. And by doin that I'll have more confidence. No more being pushed around. I smiled at this, hope.  

I got dressed, wearing my usual bland clothing. Oh how I wish I could afford clothes with some color or spark. I put on my wrecked convers and walked into the kitchen. My dad must have gotten up a few hours ago and went back to bed, there where new beer cans everywhere. Glad he could offord to run to the store and buy beer for himself but I hardly get decent meals or clothing. 

But no Dad, Im glad you can feed your addiction before your daughter. 

I cleaned up putting all the trash in the trash can trying to hold my breath so I wouldn't smell al the beer and occasional cigaret buds. I took a big breath when the living room looked decent and made myself some breakfast. Toaster waffles with questionable juice. Yay. 

I was eating by the small cheep breakfast table by the window starring at the gloom sky. Picking at the last of my breakfast. 

Finally change.   

I stared outside the window, and got up throwing away what was left of my breakfast. I left a note to my dad saying I would be walking around the neighborhood. I stepped out of the apartment building taking the comic book I was reading and walked to the little store across it.