run away

Jasmine's POV

I walked into Kris's room to find no kris. I searched the bathroom, closet, our bedroom. No Kris. Kris ran away? Why would she run away? Does she not want to live with us? Does she not want a sibling? Anthony ran up to me and held me tight. "shhh it's okay. she'll be back. i called the police. we will find her. she will be home soon." I really hope he's right. I hope we find Kris.

Kris's POV

I ran. I ran as fast as I could. There was no point in me staying there. I'm just some girl from Miami. Jasmine is pregnant now. They will have their own baby, they will raise a family and just forget about me. Who wouldn't forget about me? I'm just plain old Kris. I started to run towards the nearest starbucks. I was running until I bumped into a man. I looked up and realized who  bumped into. Daveed. "Hey kid. Where are Ant and Jas?" he said "I- um we they" I stumbled on my words. I didn't want Daveed to tell Jas and Ant where I was. I didn't want to bother them. "You ran away because you found Jasmine is pregnant?" He said. What? How did he know?!? "How did you get all that from 'I- um we they'?!?" He chuckled. "I'm Ant's bestfriend. He told me as soon as it happened. They are worried about you. I'll take you hom-" No. He couldn't take me home. This always happens. I get a good family, they "love" me, have a kid of their own then forget about me. "NO! Don't please? I don't want to be their pity project. Please" He paused. "You are NOT their pity project. They love you. They'll love you after the baby is born but if it means so much to you then you can crash at my place for a couple of days but you have to go back them when everything cools down." YES! "OMG. Thank you so much Uncle Daveed!!" "UNCLE Daveed? You've never called me that before. I dig(g) it! Cmon lets go get you settled. I'll ask Pippa to get you some clothes to the store. I'll tell her not to tell Jas and Ant." "Thanks so much" I hugged him. A big smile spread across his face. "No problem, kid."