Chapter 3- Battle Cries

Start from the beginning

The crowd applauded as the professor stepped down and everyone focused on the arena. We had managed to get a good spot in the front of the crowd by the side lines. Bonnie yelled at the top of her lungs and the rest of us clapped along with the crowd.

A girl my age stepped onto the battle arena. She wore a small, navy blue sundress with a white collar. Black knee-high stockings, like mine, ran up her legs and combat boots were strapped to her feet. The trainer pulled at the rims of her finger gloves in small fidgets of nervousness. She had a pretty, doll like face with wide-spaced, teal green eyes.

Faint freckles were dotted across her cheeks and her mouth was twitched in a smile. Everything about her screamed confidence except for the tugging on her finger gloves. They reminded me of the ones Ash wore. Her long hair was a few shades lighter than mine and she left it down. I noticed a small blue ribbon that tucked away the front stands. It looked almost identical to the one Ash gave me. Where did she get that? I wondered to myself.

Trailing behind the girl was a small creature with shimmery, white fur. It looked like an Eevee, even sounded like an Eevee but this one had a strange color coat. I tilted my head at the anomaly. To make sure, I held my Pokedex up to it.

"Eevee. The evolution Pokemon..." I didn't need to hear the rest so I stuffed it back in my pocket. My eyes never left her as the referee called the rules of the battle. It was supposed to be one on one until one trainer's Pokemon couldn't continue.

"Alright Eevee, let's do this!" The blonde girl shouted with a menacing smirk. She extended her left arm out and Eevee gracefully jumped over it, skidding to a halt near the center of the battle field.

Out the corner of my eye I saw Ash focus on her. His face was blank and expressionless. Though his features were shapeless, it was obvious where his attention lay.

Once again I turned to the match at hand. I took the time to study the strange Eevee. There was an intense glint in its eyes and it crouched like it could pounce at any second. The Pokemon eyed its opponent, Flabebe, like its prey. There was a predatory aura to such an innocent creature.

"You get first move!" Eevee's trainer yelled across the empty space to her opponent. The opposing trainer nodded.

"Flabebe, use fairy wind!"

As instructed, Flabebe created a swirling cloud of pink dust and hurled it at Eevee.

"Now Eevee, use protect!"

Just as the pink cloud swallowed the fox Pokemon, it shielded itself with a transparent green wall. As the fairy wind cleared, Eevee stood untouched in its wake. Flabebe's trainer seem started for a moment, losing concentration.

"Okay Eevee, use quick attack!"

Eevee darted across the arena and my eyes struggled to keep up.

"I need accuracy Eevee!" The trainer yelled in aticipation. At the last moment, Eevee jumped up and hit Flabebe straight on. The fairy Pokemon flew backwards like a rag doll before tumbling to the ground. Dust went airborne in its tracks.

"Flabebe! Are you okay?" Its worried trainer cried in desperation.

"Flabe..." Flabebe croaked. Weakly, it attempted to get up. But there wasn't a moment to spare and the perfect instant had been created for Eevee.

"Let's finish this. Eevee use swift!"

Shimmery starts emerged from Eevee's tail and they flew towards the struggling Pokemon at a mind blowing speed. One by one they exploded into an array of sparkles as they came in contact. Once again Flabebe was thrown across the arena. Only this time, it didn't get up.