Chapter 24 - Some Spoilers Are Acceptable, But Most Aren't

The door to the chamber opened, and a man stepped in, the door closing harshly and automatically behind him. He wore an orange turban wearing guy who walked with a bit of a swing in his step, a swagger that showed that he thought he had his life figured out. His sand colored robes were hidden mostly under a snow white lab coat, but he didn't hide them too terribly well. His dark skin glistened under the harsh bright lights of the room.

"Oh great," snarled Sandra. "Who is it now?!"

The straps which bound the three released themselves. They cautiously sat up on the tables, bewildered of the upright perspective which they hadn't experienced in several days.

"Who are you?" Arlen questioned, not believing anyone but his long time companions at this point.

"The name's Sven," he said with a grin. He walked towards the three and they jumped to a guarded position. "Relax, I'm just looking for a place to sit."

He calmly walked between them and sat down on Fantasia's table.

They all gave him looks that effectively said "what the heck?"

"What the heck?" said Arlen, eyebrows raised. "As someone who is currently imprisoned, I would sure like to know what's going on."

Sven swung his legs back and forth, unable to sit still. "Well yes, I was getting to that. Relax, man. Stretch your legs, experience a moment of freedom from within the confines of this room."

Arlen shrugged then got to stretching. "Alright, I'll admit you seem like a cool guy. Are you by chance here to help us escape?"

"Don't know yet," he replied.

If Fantasia had liquid in her mouth she would have just done a spit take.

"Depends on when Neuman and crew gets here."

If Arlen was holding a cup of coffee, he would have dropped it at this point. "What?! Neuman is coming here?! How do you know my little bro's name?!"

"Calm down, calm down, man. All will be made clear. Well, time allotting that is. I have to watch out for when Sid comes back here."

If Sandra didn't have any self control, she would have shaken the new arrival like one shakes a new arrival to the point of possible neck breakage. But she didn't.

Sven cleared his throat. "Allow me to properly introduce myself." He stepped down from the table and struck a power pose. "I am Sven! Top scientist for Hades! Double agent for Prometheus! All around cool dude!" He had a certain gleam in his smile that would make him popular with girls if he wasn't underground in a dark and evil laboratory.

Sandra groaned, but Fantasia swooned just a little.

Questions swirled around rapidly in Arlen's head. He could only hope that he would be able to ask them all. "Can you get us out of here then?"

"I can."

"Will you then?"

"I told you, I don't know yet. I can't see the future."

Arlen frowned. "Can you at least turn off the power restrictions in this room?"

"Sorry man, no can do. If I let you guys have your way Sid would find out for sure, then all these years working in the shadows against him would be for nothing. Also I'd probably die, which is rather inconvenient."

Is this guy for real? "Alright then, what can you do for us?"

"Hmmm... I suppose I can tell you what's happening outside this room as long as you don't let Sid know that I told you."