Chapter 17 - Nicknames Of Pseudonyms Is Going To Far

Everyone immediately jumped up and got on the defensive.

There were two men standing there. One, the one who had just spoken, was a rather bulky and muscular guys who didn't bother wearing a shirt, letting his long black locks hang down over his body.

The other was a pale and frail looking man with equally pale and frail looking gray hair that went down to his neck and frayed outwards from there. His red eyes stared unblinking at the crew.

Strangely, both were wearing pristine white labcoats over their usual get-ups.

"No, Havel, it's not in the instructions. Hades definitely said 'capture Fantasia and Sandra,' and only that."

"What?! You're too much of a stickler for the rules. I'm going to crush them anyways." He cracked his knuckles.

Urbain put his arm in front of Havel to stop him from moving forward. His red eyes drilled into his partner's face. "I said that we're not doing it. Never do anything other than what the mission says."

The look in Urbain's eyes convinced him that he was not messing around. "Tch. Fine, have it your way."

The two of them looked at our crew of Fantasia, Buddy, Sandra, and Ariel.

Sandra gritted her teeth. "The restraints haven't worn off yet, so we don't stand a chance."

Fantasia sighed. "Come on, Sandra. Let's just hand ourselves over before things get complicated."

The two of them silently nodded in agreement and started walking forward.

"Wait!" yelled Ariel. "What are you doing?! Don't give up!" She tried to activate her powers, but still could not. She clenched his fist in frustration.

They stopped. "Listen," said Sandra. "Especially now, we don't have any combative strength, and even if we did we would stand no chance again these two. They're part of Hades' Iron E. unit, and have strengths on the country levels. Fanta and I only are Province level. Plus, we're going up against those two of all people." She looked at them and shivered in fear. "If Urbain allowed it they would have torn into us before we could react." They continued on, accepting their fate as a blessing compared to what it could have been. "Pindorsa," she said as her final words to Ariel and Buddy.

Wings sprouted from the back of Urbain. Gnarly, dark gray wings. He waited until the two others reached him before grabbing them. "Mission complete," he said, expressionless except for those red eyes filled with hate. Instead of flapping his wings though, the various end points of the wings shot out a bright white energy, like spaceships sending plasma out to propel themselves. He lifted into the air this way, then jetted off, leaving a trail of energy that dissipated behind him.

"Hm. Show off," said Havel, who then followed suit by jumping after him so fast that it looked like he too was flying.

Buddy and Ariel were left behind, powerless and without a clue what to do.

"Pindorsa?" said Buddy. "Isn't that a country in South Vespuccia?"

"Yeah. A really big one at that."

"Does that mean that they're telling us where they're being taken?"

She shrugged. "Probably. I think we need to worry about finding Neuman first."

"I guess you're right. How are we supposed to find him though?"

The two of them contemplated different solutions, but they couldn't arrive at a solid answer.

"Well, one thing is for sure. We need to get back to my couch, and then we can fly around from there."

-----