20

"I like you.."
------------------

Grace was so shocked with what she heard. Her eyes looked like it was going to fall off her head. Jungkook looked at her.

"I know it is so sudden. And I know you have a guy you like already.. But I think I need to tell you this.. I have been thinking a lot lately. And I cant focus on my work because I'm feeling so disturbed by this. Thats why I choose to just let it out. Its okay if you feel uncomfortable with me after this or you dont want to be friends anymore.. But I really hope we could still be friends. And I really hope you'll tell the person you like so that you can be happy... If he is really the one for you, then I'm............."

"I like you too..." she cut him off with words that made him froze. He immediately looked at Grace, who has her head down, embarrassed to look at him.

"But Mark hyung said...."

"It was you..." again, she cut him off.. Jungkook's wide eyes changed to soft gaze. He looked at her, letting out a relieved sigh. Just when he was about to smile.......

"But I dont think we should be together.."

"Why?" Jungkook asked, confused.

"I just dont think I'm good enough for you."

"Grace... What nonsense are you talking about right now?" he sighed.

"Face it, Jungkook. You're an idol. Your life and mine is completely different."

"But I'm still a human, Grace."

"Our world is different, Kookie yaa. It wont work.."

"Then we'll make it work." he took her hands in his, making her heart clench.

"I dont know, Jungkook. This feels like a really big thing... What will the members say? What will your parents say? What will the fans say?"

"Listen to yourself. Why are you thinking about other people? What about me? What about how I feel? What about how you feel? Have you ever think of that?" he asked..

"I do think about you.. Thats why I dont want to do this. Your career, you life, your future... These will all be on the line, Jungkook ah.. I dont want to risk all of these. Its not worth it.."

"How I feel is a part of my life too. If we dont take the risk, I'll be missing a part of me thats very important, which is you." Jungkook said.. What Grace said made him feel like his career is the only reason thats holding her back. So he has to try to convince her to put all of that away, and just focus on their life.

"I dont want to risk your life, Jungkook ahh.."

"But I want to. I'm willing to risk it for you.. This is a part of my life too."

"You belong to the public, you have to remember that.."

"But my heart belongs to you. You have to remember that." Jungkook interwined their fingers. Grace let out a heavy sigh. She looked away from him.

"Grace...." he uses his finger to touch her chin and make her look at him again. Grace looked down to the ground.

"Hey... look at me.." when Grace looked at him, he smiled.

"We'll make it work okay? Just promise me you wont give up on me. And I wont give up on you too." he said, making Grace let out a heavy sigh again. After a moment of thinking, Grace finally nodded, making Jungkook smiled. He took her in for a hug.

"Thank you..." he said, making Grace smile too. Grace hugged him back, when Jungkook tighten the hug.

I hope I'm doing the right thing. She said in her heart.

********
They walked home together, hand in hand. As expected, since theres not many people was out at 4am, they were not caught.. And if anyone saw them, they wouldnt recognize him with a hood and a mask on.

"Sleep well." Jungkook said, when they arrived at Grace's door. Grace looked at him. She smiled, still feeling awkward but at the same time, comfortable with him around. She nodded. Jungkook let her hands go, but he holds her head and approached her. Grace's heart was thumping really fast, she could hear them beating. Jungkook kissed her forehead making her closed her eyes by reflect. When she opened her eyes, she looked at him.. Her cheek flushed red.. Jungkook chuckled at her reaction.

"You're cute." He touched her nose in a playful manner, while smiling playfully. Grace pouted.

"Go inside. Its cold out here. I'll see you later okay?" he said, and Grace step into the house.

"Sweet dreams." he said, right before she closed the door.. Grace smiled and waved.

"You too.. Walk carefully. Call me if anything happens okay?" she said, worried that Jungkook had to walk alone to his dorm.

"Its only a couple of blocks from here. I'll be fine.." he said, laughing.

"Still...."

"Okay okay, my lady.. I'll be careful. Now go inside." he said, forcing her to close the door. She nodded and waved again.

"Goodnight.." she said, making Jungkook nod and smile. After she closed the door, Jungkook smiled again and started walking home from her place.

A/N: this is a present for my fluffyball for her last day of final exam so.... here ya go Aisyah 😉 sorry for this chapt, I know you're gonna be so jealous 😂 Dont kill me 😭