Chapter one:

Alec's POV:

The room falls silent. Everyone gazing to the arched doorway, placed above a slender figure. I can't make out who it is till he takes a step out of the shadows. The light bounces off the scarlet glitter that paints his face. His eyes, almost like a cat's, gold with slit-pupils, stare deep into mine. The slim-fit velvet suit accentuates his muscles and broad shoulders. He's truly been kissed by the angels. Magnus Bane.

How can I be thinking this? What is wrong with me? I'm marrying Lydia, the future of my family depends on this exact moment. My legs involuntarily move, taking a step toward him, then another and another. What am I doing? I try to stop but my legs keep going. I take my last step, taking his lapels in my hands and pulling him closer as I do so. I lean, as does he, puckering his lips and-

"Alec-" I'm back at the alter, Lydia's hand warm on my face. "It's okay, I'll understand-"
"I don't know what you're talking about."
She looks at me and moves her thumb in a circular motion on my face. "Yes you do. You know exactly what I'm talking about. And I understand, you deserve to be happy. I'll be okay." She gives me a genuine smile. I move her hand away from my face and walk toward Magnus. He stares at me with surprise washing over his face.
"Look, Magnus, I've had enough. I'm marrying Lydia and there's nothing you can do to stop that. You need to leave, now."
"Alexander, this isn't what you really want. I know. It's not fair on either of you, neither is it fair on me." The frustration starts rising in the pit of my stomach, why was he being like this?
"No, you don't know anything. You don't know what it's like to live as a Shadowhunter. You need to go. Now!"
"Alec-"
"NOW!"

The ceremony is over. My mother has a smile on her face, something you'd never see. I can't help but feel happy, but deep down I feel like a fool. Why do I feel like this? What is wrong with me?
"I'm so proud of you, Alec. At first I thought that this wedding was a bit odd and out of place, but now... I can't be happier."
"Thanks mum." I look down to my side to notice Lydia dreaming off. "What's wrong?" I say once my mother's left to talk to my dad.
"Oh, it- it's nothing." She try's to avoid eye contact with me.
"Look at me," I say, my hand cupping her chin and moving it to face me. "What's wrong?"
"This, this is wrong. It's not right. You're going to be living a lie for the rest of your life. You deserve so much more."
"Stop. Stop saying that. It's not true. I've decided to marry you, and I have. This is the truth. This is what I want." She looks away yet again. I move her head to face me again, I pull her head to mine and kiss her. She flinches and pulls away.
"What was that for?" Her hand on my chest as though to keep me away from her.
"We're married. Can't a husband just kiss his wife?"
"Alec, this isn't you. I can't do this." Her voice starts to crack.
"What do you mean?" A tear drop rolled down her face. "Lydia?"
"I just, I- I can't." Tears stream down her face, she turns away and runs out the room. All eyes follow her as she disappeared.