Chapter 6: That Fateful Light

Chapter 6

“Hey Erwin I’m freezing!” Levi complained. “Wait we’re almost there!” Erwin exclaimed. “What do you want to see on this dirty mountain!?” Levi continued. “I want to show you something sweet!” Erwin said. “Sweet…?” Levi murmured.

“During a winter storm like this it’s best to focus on warm and sweet things!” Erwin yelled through the snow storm. “Is this your strange idea of a nice anniversary?” Levi complained “I really wouldn’t have minded if you took me to the sun Erwin!” “I thought you would prefer cold weather though!” “What would give you that bizarre assumption!?” “Well you were born on Christmas so I was only trying to go along with fate!” Erwin smiled.

Levi kicked Erwin to the ground. “Idiot” Levi blushed. “You’re really cruel!” Erwin cried. Levi’s face was completely red. “Are you cold?” Erwin asked. “I’m fine—“ Erwin yanked Levi down with him. “What are you doing I hate you!” Levi was flustered. “Have you ever wondered if we were meant for each other?” Erwin questioned. “What are you babbling about!?” Levi demanded while being at Erwin’s command. Erwin had successfully pinned the young Levi down and slowly crept toward his ear. “Your cold and I’m warm. Do you ever think that we were meant to meet by fate to aid each other?” Erwin expressed. Tears streamed through Levi’s face.

Erwin got up and leant his hand to Levi. “Get up, it’s here Levi” “Gosh what the crap do you have in store for me you maniac?” Levi coldly stated. The two continued walking up the trail of the snowy mountain, tightly holding on to each other’s hands. “Erwin if this ‘warmth’ that you’re planning on showing me is actually just you I’m going to be pissed!” Levi whined. “Why do you think that?” The two were just about to the peak of the mountain. The storm was getting harsher and Levi slipped. “Levi!” Erwin yelled. “BECAUSE!” Erwin’s eyes widen to Levi’s speech as he held his grip on Levi. “Even in this cold world there’s you… you’re always holding my hand and saving me Erwin...” Levi expressed.

The two managed to get to the peak of the mountain without departing their hands. “You’re right Levi, just like the sun I won’t ever depart you and will always provide you with warmth.” Erwin smiled. Levi was astonished by the beautiful multi-colored auroras. “I wanted to show you this sweet sight. They’re auroras, lights that exist even in the cold darkness.” Erwin expressed. “Light…” Levi began to uncontrollably cry. “Oh! Did I touch your heart that much?!” Erwin joked. “You idiot I don’t need auroras!” Levi tightened his gripped with Erwin’s hands. “Can’t you see you’re my only light? My only warmth! I only want you Erwin!” Levi passionately exclaimed.

The two stared into each other’s eyes. The sun rose, it was dawn. “Levi, happy birthday” Erwin smiled while being beamed from the incredible sunlight. Erwin mimicked Levi’s short stature grinning, “Hey you’re 18 now aren’t you?” Levi blushed and gulped at his comment.

And that day Levi’s heart grew warmer as he looked at Erwin’s face, Levi squinted and said, “Thank you… asshole.” “Merry Christmas and Happy anniversary Levi-kun!”

Time had passed; it had been a year since their anniversary. It’s been about 3 months since Eren and Mikasa moved into Levi’s home. Eren, Mikasa, and Levi were doing Christmas shopping at a local mall in wall Rose. As they were walking into a lingerie store they came across Erwin, “Erwin-senpai…” Eren stuttered. “Oh, Levi-kun’s with you? Happy Birthday Levi-kun!” Erwin cheerfully said. “BIRTHDAY?!” Eren said in shock.