Chapter 17 - Elliot

Start from the beginning

How is it so easy for people like him to escape this prison called school? The last time I ditched school we got out so easily. Well, we didn't technically ditched school because it hadn't even started yet but it was still ditching school to me since we were already in school during learning hours.

As we reached the parking lot, he led me towards his ride from hell. "Hop on," He said, getting on his bike. I must say, his motorcycle is pretty awesome, but scary as hell. One wrong turn, you can say hello to heaven. I blush a little and hopped onto the seat behind him and wrapping my arms around his waist unhesitatingly. I'm not risking falling off this bike for the love of God. I leaned my head against his wide back comfortably, and the next thing I know Clayton's reversing out of the lot and we're speeding off onto the street.

I watched the scenery before me as we sped down the streets. It was calming yet thrilling. The fact that I was on a bike made it more exciting than ever. I admit it, ever since the first time I get on a bike, I've been wanting to ride them more and more. Just like Brody said, motorcycles are like my weed, my heroin, and cigarettes. They're addicting, once you get hooked, you're basically doomed. But I mean like, doomed in a good way, like you're high.

Note; Brody's not on drugs. He's a good kid. Unless when he's drunk. He turned into the spawn of satan when he's drunk.

"Hey Wade," I mumbled and he hummed in respone. "Don't do anything stupid, okay?"

He laughed. "What do you mean by stupid things?"

I shrugged. "I don't know. Like, doing drugs or something. Just don't, okay?"

He chuckled and shook his head playfully. "Anything for you, cupcake."

I smile a little as I shifted a little bit closer to him and tightened my grip around his waist. "And stop with the nicknames."

The ride was quite longer than I thought until we've arrived. Around thirty minutes. "Clayton?" I frowned when he came to a stop, "Where are we? Are we lost?" I looked around confusedly at my surroundings. Clayton has just parked us on the side of the road where there's a small stepping stone path which lead you into the woods. There are seemingly no one here, and the streetlights are oddly far apart, it was quiet. It was like one of those towns in The Walking Dead. Oh my god, what if this is a Ghost Town? Why does he brought me here? I laughed nervously, sliding off the bike following Clayton's action. "You know, if you're actually a cold-blooded killer, I just want to let you know I always carry a taser and pepper spray with me."

Clayton raised an eyebrow and began to walk into the forest. I quickly ran after him, scared of being alone. We all know being alone gets you killed in horror movies. "If I'm actually a cold-blooded killer, I will probably kill you right now. There's no one here anyways," He snorted playfully as he walked further into the trees. I scowled as I glanced back longingly at the motorcycle. We're getting further and further away from the society. "Scared, kitten?" He laughed as he took my hand and intertwined our fingers.

I rolled my eyes but managed to smile a little at our intertwined fingers. I feel strangely safe. Hell, of course I would. This is Clayton Wade we're talking about. "We're almost there, don't worry," Clayton reassured me, and I nod. Somehow I get the feeling that it's not the time and place to argue with Clayton, like our usual conversations. But still – Clayton's teasing will continue. "And don't worry, there's only like a few clowns I've spotted here," He teased. Wait, was he serious?

I gulped down nervously at the mention of clowns. I'm not that scared of clows but if they're the killer clowns people has been talking about – I'm not risking my life to be killed by some mentally disabled man wearing clown costume. Moreover, it's getting quite dark now. We walked in silence for a few more minutes, getting deeper and deeper into the forest, and further and further away from society – I could barely see the houses from where we are now. "You know, no offense but..." I trailed off, "What are we doing here in the middle of a forest? I'm seriously thinking that you're going to kill me inside an abandoned cabin or something."