Reminiscing...

(your pov)

It is 2:00 a.m and I can't sleep.
So I decided to head to the kitchen and get something to drink. I sat down at bay window drinking my glass of (favorite drink). Then all of a sudden, the front door opens. It scared me for a second but then I realized that it was Aaron.

You: Hey...

Aaron: What are you doing still up?

You: I could ask you the same thing.

Aaron: I went out and just looked at the stars. We both love doing that.

You: Heh, that's when you gave me that red scarf.

Aaron: Yep. How about you?

You: I can't sleep.

Aaron: I should've guessed. You've always been a night-owl.

You: Yea...

He went into the kitchen and made himself hot chocolate. He then came over and sat down next to me.

You: You know... we had, a lot of nice times together.

Aaron: Yea.

You: Heh. Like that time when you took me down to olive garden.

Aaron: You were stuffing your mouth with food.

You: Ha! Yea, I remember that.

Aaron: Remember how we always picked fights in high school?

You: I was tiny in high school.

Aaron: You still are.

You: Hey!

Aaron: Haha! You were also really feisty. You were literally like a chihuahua.

You: Tiny but mighty!

Aaron: (he laughs at your silliness)

You: Hey, Aaron?

Aaron: Hm?

You: Do you ever think about what it'd be like if we were still... together?..

He seemed surprised when I asked him that. Well, it's not like I expected him to not be surprised.

Aaron: Um... (he clears his throat) Sometimes...

You: What do you think would've happened?

Aaron: ... well I thought that maybe that, we would've moved in together eventually and continued living life I guess.

You: ...

Aaron: what do you think life would be like?

You: .... I mean, I guess the same thing that you said. We'd continue life as it is.

???: Y/N?...

I turned to look behind me only to see my little sister walking towards me, rubbing her eyes from sleepiness.

You: Hey, what are you doing up? It's late.

L/s: I'm thirsty...

You: Okay.

I was about to get up but then Aaron volunteered to get her something to drink. I let him. He came back with a cup of apple juice and gave it to me.

You: Thanks.

He sat back down.

Heh...this is weird. It's almost as if... me and Aaron were taking care of our own child...

I gave her the cup juice. She looked so cute when she was sleeping.

Aaron: How old is she?

You: Seven.

Aaron: She's cute... I guess she gets it from you.

You: Heh, thanks. (you blush slightly)

Aaron: Hey, lemme ask you something?

You: Hm?

Aaron: How did you and Garroth happen anyways?

You: Um... I- *gasp*

I remembered everything! I never actually had feelings for Garroth! I just liked him, he was a good guy until Aaron came along. The day I had kissed Garroth, I was really going to see Aaron... Aph had told me all about what had happened. So I ran to Aaron's to apologize. And then Garroth came and it was like i had completely forgotten...

I had loved Aaron all along...

I was staring into space and Aaron had noticed. He tried waving his hand in my face.

Aaron: Y/n?.. Are you okay?... Y/n?

I couldn't talk. I was just staring into space.

Aaron: Hey, your scaring me.

You: I-I'm fine...

Aaron: I can tell that there's something bothering you. You can tell me anything. What's wrong?

You: Nothing. I told you already I'm fine.

Aaron: You know... It's not good to bottle your emotions. Because sooner or later they overflow and they just come out at times you don't want them to.

You: ...

Next thing I knew there was light coming through the window. It was day time already. We had been talking for all night.

Aaron: You can talk to me about anything Y/n. We had a nice talk though. I'd like to have another one sometime.

And with that he walked off.

I can't tell him. I can't tell him that I never loved Garroth and that I really loved him. That explains why I blush nearly every time I'm around him.
How do I not know my own feelings?...

I've loved Aaron for years and I didn't even know it...
~~~~~