Chapter 5: Friday Night Bites

I woke up and felt something warm beside me. I pulled it closer and wrapped my arms around it. 

"Well, buongiorno anche a te, bella, (Good morning to you, too, beautiful)" Damon whispered in my ear.

I chuckled. "You speak Italian?" I asked with a smile.

"Duh, last name Salvatore." He said.

Let's be glad that I took a class in Italian. "Devo fare la doccia e andare a scuola. (I have to get a shower and go to school.)" I groaned.

He looked at me surprised and said, "Wow, sono impressionato. E io non so su scuola, ma, (Wow, I'm impressed. And I don't know about school but,)" He ran his hand from my waist up to the back of my neck, "Posso fare la durata della doccia più divertente. (I can make your shower time more fun.)" He said and kissed me.

I pulled back and said, "Your Italian accent is super sexy," I whispered into his ear, "Come on," I said and pulled him into the bathroom.

He chuckled at my eagerness. We got in and turned the water on. Our lips attached at once. Damon pushed me to the wall. He kissed down my neck. And let's just say I took a little bit longer in the shower than I usually do.

After Damon and I's little session, I washed and got out. I dried myself off and got dressed. I put on ripped black skinny jeans, a P!ATD t-shirt, a leather jacket, and black ankle boots.

As I was fixing to go out the door, a pair of strong arms pulled me back and a pair of lips pressed against my cheek.  "Are you sure you want to go to school today? You can ditch and we can spend the day together." He whispered and kissed my neck.

"Mm, as tempting as that sounds, I have cheer practice after school."  I smiled at his pouty face.

I could only stare into his deep oceans for eyes. I guess I could just show up for practice.

"Okay, who could resist this face?" I chuckled and kissed his lips.

He deepened the kiss by pulling me closer by my hips.

He flashed us to the wall and I wrapped my legs around his waist.

He suddenly stopped and pulled away.

"What's wrong?" I asked with furrowed eyebrows.

"I just...I don't know what I'm doing. I came back to this town for Katherine," He said and walked over to sit on the sofa, "And then I met you. I wasn't expecting to meet someone who looked exactly like her. Your resemblance drew me in and I see that you are nothing like her. I really like you. I just don't want to hurt you with what might happen. I don't know what I want." He said and put his face in hands.

I walked over to him and knelt down to eye level. I pried his hands from his face and looked into his eyes. "I said that I would help you, Damon, no matter how much it hurts me, you deserve to be happy. You need to decide if you would be happier with me or her. Until then, we need to stop this. I'll keep staying here, but in a guest room. I'll keep helping you. Because you can be happy again, Damon." I said and flashed upstairs before he could see my tears.

I fixed my makeup and got into my truck and drove to school. I walked into Tanner's class and took my seat beside Elena. 

"You're late, Miss Gilbert." Tanner said, writing a detention slip.