Chapter 3: The Night of the Comet Part I

I woke up in Damon's room. I turned over and faced him. 

"Good morning, beautiful." He whispered. 

"Good morning, Damon." I said with a smile. I looked at the time. 3:15. 

I groaned, "How long have you been awake?" I asked. 

"Few hours. I didn't want to wake you, considering how exhausted you were from last night." He chuckled. 

"That was just the fun of it." I whispered and kissed his lips, to his neck and down his chest and back up. His hands gripped my waist and I felt little tingles. 

I looked into his eyes, "Do you really like me or are you just looking for a good time?" I asked. 

His face turned sincere. "I honestly don't know." He said, and my face dropped a little. "But let me explain why I am actually here. I trust you with this and I trust you not to tell anyone." He said. 

I nodded and he continued, "I am here for the twins. When they were in the church, my witch friend protected them with the comet to draw power. And now that it is passing again, the tomb can be opened. I need a witch and Katherine's crystal. I came here for them,  but then I met you. I really like you. But I don't know what I want. I still want to get them out." He looked conflicted. 

As much as it hurt to say it, "I will help you. I am still a witch and I am very powerful. I can open it. Just get me the crystal." I said. He deserves to be happy and I will help him reach his happiness, even if it is not with me. 

"Why? Why would you want to help me be with someone other than you?" He asked, confusion filling his features. 

"Because you deserve to be happy, Damon. Your brother put you through hell by making you turn. It seems like your happiness went away with the twins. So you will be happy when you have them again." A tear slid down my cheek. He wiped it away. 

"Thank you." He said. I heard the door open downstairs. 

"Get dressed. I'll go see who it is." Damon said. I nodded and heard my wretched twin. 

"Stefan!" I groaned. Damon went down the stairs as I put on a robe. 

I walked downstairs to see Damon and Elena conversing. 

"I--I'm sorry for barging in. The door was...open." She turned to see the door closed. 

"You must be Elena. I'm Damon, Stefan's brother." Damon said. "He didn't tell me he had a brother." Elena said. 

I decided to speak up, "Well he didn't say he had no siblings, just that he didn't talk to them." I said. She looked over to me. 

"Jade? What are you doing here? Jenna said you ran away." She said. 

"I did run away. From you. I'm staying with Stefan and Damon for awhile." I said with a smirk, "I got the other brother." She looked sad. She should be. 

"Besides, Stefan's not one to brag. Please, come. I'm sure Stefan will be along any second." He said, guiding her into the parlor. 

"Wow. This is your living room?" She asked in awe. 

"Living room, parlor, Sotheby's auction. It's a little kitschy for my taste." He paused for a moment and said as Elena looked around, "I see why my brother's so smitten. It's about time. I never thought he's get over the last one. Nearly destroyed him." 

"The last one?" She asked. 

"Yeah. Katherine, his girlfriend? Oh, you two haven't had the awkward exes conversation yet." He said.