Barrier bond

Kaname's blood creates a bond to those who drink it daily.

So trying to get out of the tower would be harder for any other vampire.

But why?

Because he made a barrier around the tower. And this barrier works only for those who has much of Kaname's blood. Meaning they can't go out, once they get in.

But since I was, much stronger than any other vampire, I could pass through with the blink of an eye.

After each in down the series of steps, I finally reached a grand, yet plain wooden door.

Why can't I just jump out of the window?

Because, when Kaname comes back to see the windows open and no one admiring the sky, he would immediately be suspicious and begin looking.

And I know, sooner and later, Kaname  will find me again. But I prefer later.

So, for the first time in many, many years, I took a step outside of the tower.

The snow, and the cold air was quite peaceful, but wearing the white dress that I wore, the wind was also quite chilling.

My blood began to take action, and warmed my body as I started walking into the woods.

"How strange.... Reminds me of the last time I was out." I said to no one in particular.

Trees passed and snow covered all. Frozen raindrops from when it rained the other night caused the area to look like a mystical fairyland.

The mystical fairyland I used to dream about when I played with my siblings.

The land where I could have lost myself in, even though it wasn't physically real.

The land in which reality doesn't exist.

The land that makes me relive those days when I was a child.

But even as a child, I knew. I knew that this wonderland of mine would never be real, because reality would melt every snowflake, every knight, every hope for this land to exist as I slowly grow colder and colder.

Colder and colder....

That's right.

Snapping back to reality, I saw that I was in a clearing. An that I was walking for hours already.

The snow caused my bare feet to get numb with the coldness.

And with that, I sat on my butt right onto the snow.

Quickly, the snow melted and drenched my dress.

Exhaustion hit me as I realized, I was hungry.

The only meal I had was this morning.

Now it was around midnight, and I would have been fine if I hadn't threw up all the blood.

Hunger erupted inside of me, and the child inside was growling.

Patting my stomach, I sighed.

"I am sorry my child, wait a little longer please" I whisper as I saw my breath dance in the wind.

My eyelids grew heavy, and I tried not to sleep.

Though, my attempts were worthless seeing how sleep happily engulfed me.

And in the very distance, did I hear quiet footsteps.

..........

*Keien Cross' POV*

I was looking for the tower I saw a couple days ago.

But during so, I found some mushrooms that can go great with the next meal!

So I began collecting, until I came across an area where the trees embroidered the pure white school.

And in the middle, slept a young girl who looked about the same age as Yuki.

Her white and silver hair curled and embraced her wet figure.

Her white dress draped on her elegantly.

And as if looking at a doll, her skin was painfully pale.

Slowly, I walked to the young woman.

And from looking at her closer, I instantly knew....

She was the Moon child....

Realizing my responsibility for what will be going on at the school.... I picked up the young girl carefully and began my way back to the academy.

I had finally found the moon child after all these years of looking.

She had finally returned.