Chapter 1- Our Ultimatum

Start from the beginning

"I'm..." He started and I felt the tightness in my stomach return. "I'm staying."

It's funny how just one phrase can give so much happiness. Everything seemed to relax and a weight lifted off my shoulders. The clarification was all I needed. Bonnie lifted her arms in the air with joy and Clemont blew out a breath of relief. Without thinking, I turned to Ash and hugged him. Once I realized what I'd done, my cheeks turned bright red but I still clung to him. At first, Ash was ridged but soon he sunk into my embrace.

"I'm glad you're happy Serena." His breath fanned across the side of my face and tingled the skin. Soon I reminded myself that I needed to let go. I pulled back and looked down at the ground, embarrassed.

Ash was too oblivious to notice.

Instead, he turned back to Clemont and Bonnie with a new born smile on his face. I was so glad to see he was happy, I never would have wanted him to regret his decision to stay.

"What do we do now?" Clemont asked. Actually, that was a good question. No one had really thought what we might do after the Kalos league was over. Ash didn't need anymore gym badges. There was no where to go. No where other than my show cases, but I simply couldn't tie my friends to that.

Ash's loss at the Kalos league was tragic and  simply unexpected. The only thing that set it a side from all his other losses was how close within his reach it was. I was scared he would be powered with a new adrenaline and head straight for the next region. But instead he was hesitant. He was filled with worry, concern and...desire to stay. Then there was also one more factor to acknowledge: Greninja. An anomaly like no other, one that would only happen once in centuries. Ash felt obliged to stick with him. How could someone be selfish enough to disregard such a gift? Obliviously not Ash. It just wasn't in his nature.

But what happened with that was a story for later. Of course Greninja wasn't with us anymore but some how he was still a major factor. I wasn't surprised though.

"Umm...we could stay in Lumiose City for a bit. Clemont could take care of his gym and Ash can do some training. There are also a lot of great boutiques I would love to go to. There isn't another master class show case for two weeks so we have time." I suggested. It was the only thing I could think of.

"We can all stay in my house, that sounds good to me." Clemont replied, a smile now replacing his frown.

"Me too." Ash nodded.

"Hey Clemont, the annual beginners league is next week! We can't miss it. We go every year." Bonnie exclaimed. I had heard about the annual beginners league but had never been to it. Apparently it was really good.

"Oh yes, we can certainly go see that Bonnie." Clemont reassured his sister.

"What's the beginners league?" Ash scratched the back of his neck, confused.

"Don't worry, I'll tell you." The little blond girl chirped before grabbing Ash's wrist and dragging him towards Lumiose City. Clemont and I exchanged briefs looks before shrugging and following the duo out of the park.

 Clemont and I exchanged briefs looks before shrugging and following the duo out of the park