***

Everything was silent in the darkness. There was no noise around to fill the air and spread it everywhere. Nothing to distract us from the little time we had left before returning home tomorrow. I think the only thing that wasn't silent was the ocean waves crashing against the sand. And the only light that shone in the darkness was the moon. Big, round, and bright.

Adrian took me to the beach when the moon had just peeked out. We sat by the shoreline and watched it gradually rise. It wasn't so dark after all with the moon's light, the things around us looked so beautiful. The water was dimly lit and I could see little shadows moving about. A school of fish, probably. It one of those moments I wanted to savor forever. I wanted to sit there with Adrian all night long and fall asleep listening to the sound of the ocean.

However, that moment was interrupted when I was suddenly being lifted off the ground. I realized Adrian picked me up bridal style and clutched tightly to me.

"Hold on," he said, grinning against the skin of my neck.

Before I knew it, he started running back for our room, leaving the ocean behind. My arms were wrapped around his neck. I giggled and squealed as he ran past the bushes that were by the steps leading back to the hotel. He rounded the corner and climbed up the three flights of stairs, letting me back down once we reached the door.

We came in through the doorway kissing. I breathed, pressing my lips against his. I kissed his upper lip, then moved to his lower. His mouth opened a little, feeling his tongue against mine. He didn't kiss me the way Ben did, with that persistent aggressiveness I was accustomed to. No, Adrian kissed me with his whole body, not only his mouth. That was one of the many things I loved about him. He was passionate about everything, even love. And when it was just us, he didn't hide it.

Ben wasn't like that at all. He really couldn't care less if the girl loved him or not. All that mattered to him was sex, which was something I didn't want to give to just anyone. I wanted to wait for that special someone whom I deeply loved.

Adrian's hands were on the door, framing my face, pulled in and tangled in my hair. He leaned against me, the warmth of his muscular frame against mine. I could feel the hotness of itof him, usin waves through my nervous system. My hands were on his shirt, feeling the outline of his back. Then his shirt was gone and I was feeling his skin.

My hands slipped down to his bare chest, timidly, then circled back behind him to trace his spine. Adrian's kiss slipped from my mouth and trailed along my jaw to my neck. It felt really good. One hand cradled my head while the other circled my waist, pushing closer to him.

"Are you sure you want this?" He asked softly, his face inches from mine.

I didn't hesitate to answer. I nodded, slipping my hands over his bare shoulder blades.

I knew he wanted me, too. I could hear it in the rough sounds of his voice, feel it in the hard press of his body against mine.

"Just be gentle," I whispered, my breath hot against his ear.

He shivered.

I was afraid. But the time felt right and this was what I wanted. Him.

"I will," he murmured.

Tenderly, Adrian took my hand into his, turned it to kiss my palm. I let him carry me and draw me down to the bed where he began to unbutton my shirt...