Friends and Lovers

Start from the beginning

"Sarah! Tara shopping tayo!" Kim said a little too enthusiastically.

"Kim, may plano kasi ka-"

"Punta ka na dito please???!" Kim begged, not letting her finish.

Sarah was confused. It was 6:30AM. Where was she? "San ka ba?"

"Dito sa shop ni Liz... Marami na ko nabili. Bagong tote, tatlong heels, isang cocktail dress..." Kim babbled on. Sarah sensed that there was something dreadfully wrong with her friend.

"Kim may lakad kami ni Matt ngayon e... Monthsary namin." Sarah gently tried to beg off from the invitation.

"Hahahaha!!! Monthsary?!!! Kalokohan lang yang pag-ibig na yan! Hihintayin kita dito. Jessica talk to Sarah please."

"Good morning Maam," a strange voice took over. "This is Jessica of Moda. We'd really appreciate if you can um... assist Ms. Kim here. She's slightly um... upset I guess... She asked us to open the store 5AM today and she's... well-uh, she's bought quite a lot already."

Sarah was shocked. She has never heard Kim act and talk this way before. "Okay Jess. I'm on my way. Please wag mo papaalisin si Kim until I get there," she said, extremely worried for her friend but with much regret for the failed monthsary surprise.

Sarah got to the shop and found Kim rummaging through the dresses like a hurricane. Her nose was red and she had large sunglasses on. Obviously, she's been crying. She guessed that Kim just came off a fight with Xian.

Kim and Xian would always have their little quarrels. But Sarah could tell that this was big.

"Hi Kim! Eto na ko. Tapos ka na ba mamili?" She asked as she gently walked to her side.

"Sarah!!! Glad you came! Sukat mo nga to! Bagay yan sayo." Kim looked like she was out of her mind.

Sarah put down the dresses that Kim gave her to try on. "Hindi ok lang ako... Nako marami ka na yata nabili ah..." Sarah looked at all the filled paperbags on the floor. Her bill could've easily equalled the cost of a car. She had to stop her.

"Tara sa bahay! Tingnan natin yung mga nabili mo. Tapos breakfast tayo," she said, putting an arm around Kim.

"No... Konti pa lang yan Sars... Jess may stock pa kayo nito?"

Sarah looked at the price tag on the shoe that Kim was asking for and almost fainted.

"Wala na kayong stock nyan Jess no?" Sarah butted in. "Lika na Kimmy girl... Balik tayo after breakfast. Pagbalik natin may stock na sila."

"Mamaya may stock na? Ok... Babalik tayo ha?" She looked at Sarah like her life depended on getting those pumps.

"Oo babalik tayo Kim."

"Ok! I'll just pay for these."

"Ms. Kim, Sir Xian paid for these already." Jess said. She looked so harassed that Sarah couldn't help but feel bad for her.

"No..." Kim said through clenched teeth. "Use my card."

"Ms. Kim, we already charged your purchases to Mr. Lim's account. I'm sorry but we can't take it back."

"That asshole!!!!" Kim screamed. "Tell him he can take his stupid money back because I don't wanna have anything to do with him anymore."

"Lika na Kim... Thank you Jess..." Sarah tried to force her to get inside the car to stop her from lashing out at the helpless staff.

Sarah was pretty tired when she finally settled in the driver's seat, with Kim crying at the front seat and half a million worth of merchandise at the back.