3. Not sisters by blood, but sisters by heart.

Start from the beginning

"Who are you? and where am I?" I asked.

"Relax, I'm Katherine but you can call me Kate and you're in my home."

"What? How did I ended up in your house?" I almost yelled.

"Well, don't you remember that I saved you from your brother?" For a moment I saw a flash of guilt cross her face. 

Then I remembered my brother was gonna do something hideous to me. But something was missing. I looked back at the girl and said, "Thank you so much for saving my life and bringing me to your house. But I need to go now."

"Wait, you said you would stay with me. You said that you would be like my sister." she said in a small voice.

"No I didn't." I said confidently.

"Yes, you did. And if you don't remember I would like to ask you again, would you please live with me like a sister, I promise I would be the best sister in the world. I would carry out your education. I live all alone in this entire mansion my father left for me. I'm always alone. I would like to share my house, with someone. Please say yes, please." she said with puppy eyes that melted my heart. But no, my brother would come looking for her. I can't risk her life.

"Listen, my brother is out there searching for me. He doesn't care about anything, he can kill you without a second thought and you're too good and I can't risk your life like-"

"Oh don't worry about that, your brother is probably rotting in the jail right now. And if he comes back I can kick his ass like I did last time. See you already care about me, I knew you would become the best sister in the world. Just say yes, I'm rich and I'm a doctor so I won't bother you much with my mouth, I just want a sister like you."

My brother was in the jail? I let that topic drop for now. "Why me?"

"Because believe me when I tell you that I can tell if a person is good or not. And I can tell that there is not even an ounce of evil in you. You're pure hearted. There is something about you that captivated me the moment I saw you and no I'm not a lesbian." she said that with a laugh.

How did she read me so fast? My lips were sealed.

"So? Will you become my sister and stay with me?"

I lose, I can't say no to her. "yes."

She jumped clapping her hand and came to give me hug. I hugged her back.

"Now that you've said yes, I want to give you something." She ran to the side of room where a shelf was placed. She opened a drawer and removed a dark blue velvet box and came back to me.

"Open it. " she said with tears in her eyes.

I opened the box to see two platinum rings with one ring engraved as lil sister and other one as big sister.  I looked back at her.

"My mother made them when she was pregnant the second time, thinking that it was a little girl again. But I never met her....She and my mother....they both died in child birth." Tears were now streaming down her eyes and I noticed that I was also crying.

She sniffed wiping her tears and said, "It is my most prized possession, will you become a part of it? will you give the only thing I ever wanted in my life? A sister?"

I always wanted a sibling that would take care of me, love me, cherish me. My own brother was not able to give that yet, this girl wanted what I too wanted in my life, Love.

"But I'm not your blood sister, Kate" I said 

"No you're not my blood sister, but sister by my heart" She said.

More tears gushed out of my eyes. Yes, this is what I wanted.

"Then what are you waiting for big sister? give me my ring" I laughed

Her eyes filled with joy and laughing she slid the ring lil sister  in my right hand on forth finger.

I took the other one and did the same.

"Sister I don't even know your name." she mocked

Umm....it's  J....Elisa" I stuttered.

"So Elisa, what do you wanna do? I already know that this is gonna be so much fun."

I laughed. For the first time in so many years I laughed without fear, happily. Yeah this is gonna be so much fun. 

It is my new beginning. My sad time was finally over.

Or is it?

******

Hey readers, thank you for reading this chapter. I hope you enjoyed it.

What do you think? Is it Elisa's new beginning? Is her name really ELISA? More importantly, is her sad time finally over? Stay tuned guys and feel free to comment  and PLEASE VOTE.

Until then. See yaa!!!!!

********