3. Not sisters by blood, but sisters by heart.

Start from the beginning

"Who is she?" She asked.

"I want you to return the favor I once did to you ages ago." At the mention of that subject her lips turned into a thin line. I  knew it was a vulnerable subject and I  never brought it up.

"What mess have gotten yourself in Alec?"

I explained everything, she listened carefully and at the end nodded her head.

"Can I ask you something?" She asked.

"Sure."

"Is she your Beloved?"

"Are you crazy Kate? You know how much I despise humans, you know that I would never accept it. You know what my mother... I hate humans, I-"

"And yet you saved one today. It's just that I know how much you hate humans and yet you brought up one to me and asked me to take care of her and more importantly, you're still holding her in your arms despite the empty space around you."

I had no words. I don't know why I was still holding her in my arms. 

"Will you do it it?" I asked angrily.

Kate had an amused glint in her eyes, "What if I say no?"

I stood up and turned towards the door.

"Alright, I'm sorry... wait I will take care of her. I always wanted a little sister and something says that she would be the best one. So yes, I will take care of her." Kate said everything in blur.

I came back and dropped the human girl on the couch and knelt by her head, she was stirring up.

"Please don't tell me you're going to take away her memories like you did with every other creature on this planet except for Jack and me." she said.

"You know Kate that I follow by my rules. The girl must have light in future and not the dark memories of me."

The human woke up and her midnight black eyes landed on mine as she sat up. I was lost in her eyes, Black yet they were not soulless nor lifeless, instead they were like two pristine stones of onyx that lit up with purple flare when touched by candle light.

I snapped myself out of her trance and took her soft cheeks in my hands forcing her to look into my eyes.

I held her gaze and said,"You'll forget everything that happened tonight, you'll forget me, you'll forget that you ever met me, you'll forget that I'm a vampire and you'll forget that I saved you from your brother."

With that I stood up, her eyes were blank,  "I guess this is where we part little one. Just take care of yourself."

Without looking back I made my way towards the door, "You know that even if you hadn't asked for the favor, I would still have taken her in." Kate said.

I smiled, "I know."

"Take care Alec."

"You too Kate." With that I took off the forest without a backward glance at the girl.

*********

Elisa's P.O.V.

I came awake with a start. 

Where was I? Why was my mind so blank, like filled with black holes. I tried to strain myself to remember but the more tried, the more my head would pound

"Oh good! You're awake."

I sat up in the couch to look at girl not much older than me with twinkling honey brown eyes and beautiful strawberry blonde wavy hair that reached till her middle of back.