Epilogue

A year later....

Richard stood there and watched as she was pushed in.
God! She was in so much pain. They wouldn't let him go in with her yet, they had to prepare but that didn't matter to him, he was gonna be in there with his wife while she gave birth to their child.
They didn't know the sex of the child. It was something  both he and Grace had decided.
They had decided to not both start creating plans for the child before its arrival.
Therefore leading to the unisex clothes they had gotten and the many beautiful colours.

He rushed into the room as the nufar signalled for him to come.
He saw the doctors cower around his wife not giving him enough space to see his wife.
He tried to get a proper look but was still blocked, then he caught Grace looking at him from a small gap that had been created by one of the doctors.
"I love you" he whispered.
She smiled before she crumbled her face in pain and turned to look the other way around.
That's one thing Richard had refused to get used to. How at this stage Grace still chose to hide her pain from him.

"Push"
The doctors said again.
"Arrrrrgh" Grace said. As a tear roiled down her cheek.
She held on to her husband's hand and squeezed it tight.
"We're never having sex"
Richard chuckled at her sudden outburst.
"You think this is funny?" She asked
"No love" he said soothing her head as he did so.
"I swear if you ever touch me, you'll carry the child "
Richard smiled and knew even the nurses where doing same
"Okay love"

"Push Mrs "
Grace pushed again, trying not to hold her husband's hands too tight.
She felt it coming, closer to the edge and turned to look at her husband.
The love of her life, where had he been all this while.
She stared at him for what seem forever, then pulled him down to her and kissed him.
"We made a baby love" she said as she pushed again.

Richard watched as his daughter slid into the doctors hands. He quickly rushed to her and looked at the child. He smiles as he took her in his hands, while she cried then the nurse came just as quickly and took the child away from him, that's when he remembered his wife still there exhausted from all that had just happened.
He quickly ran to her side and held her hand.
"She's beautiful " he said
"Like her mama"
Richard laughed at her lack of modesty.
"Yes, like her mama."
Then he leaned on and kissed his wife.
" we did it richie" she said.
Her eyes barely open.
"Yes we did love"
" what are we gonna call her"
Richard sighed, she was tired and needed rest.
"Sleep now love, we would think of that when you're up"
"Bloom"
She said as she drifted of to sleep.
"Let's call her bloom"
And Richard wasn't going to argue with her.
He was content already, he had the two best thing right now in his life.
Life couldn't be better.
He kissed her lightly on the forehead as he got up and left her side to check on their daughter.